Are you interested in joining a leader in the mortgage industry who offers stability and growth, ongoing training opportunities, and employee engagement? We're hiring a mortgage loan officer assistant - a customer service specialist who will work directly with and support our loan origination staff. You’ll track leads daily, schedule appointments for the mortgage team, prepare paperwork, and respond to customer inquiries on transactions as needed. If you're a detail-oriented employee with strong communication and time management skills, we highly encourage you to apply.
This is a fast-paced environment where our customer is our product! As the Customer Relationship Specialist, your sole role is to get our Client from the start of the loan to the day of Closing and beyond through a series of follow-up activities, and paying great attention to detail. You will be commuting to an office in Astoria!
If you have a passion for helping people, can help keep wheels turning, plates spinning, balls juggling and land planes, all at the same time, and you are not scared to invest time into being mentored in the mortgage business, we need to talk!
A clean background check is necessary!
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Liaison with clients, realtors, attorneys, title company representatives, other executives, and staff
- Ensure loans move quickly, steadily, and accurately through the loan process. This includes stepping in and helping existing clients complete/clear conditions when needed
- Read and respond quickly to text messages and emails with excellent grammar and communication
- Answer phone calls and voice messages in a professional and prompt manner
- Direct phone calls, emails, and text messages to the right person, it not taking care of the requestors needs yourself
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- Speaking Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Spanish, and/or Arabic is a nice bonus but not necessary
- Experience in the Real Estate, Paralegal, Accounting, and or Mortgage industry is not required but good to have
- Must become licensed within a year, which we will help you to do
- Full time
- Customer Service experience required
- Basic understanding of the mortgage process
- Excellent communication, both oral and written - superior social skills
- Excellent in math and with spreadsheets
- Public relations
- Tech-savvy (Word MS Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint (preferred), Internet searching and being familiar with social media)
- Positive, upbeat, “can-do” attitude
- Problem solver/coachable
- Proactive more than reactive
- Quick learner
- Able to deal with pressure situations and deadlines with finesse and accuracy
- Responsible, trustworthy, integrity
$75,000 at plan commission
About CrossCountry Mortgage
- Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies 7 times since 2012
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau
- Ranked #1 out of lenders of similar size by two industry organizations for loan cycle times (application to funding)
- Licensed in 50 states - branches across America
- broad portfolio of traditional and niche purchase, refinance and equity products
- MISSION: to provide our clients with the best possible advice and benefit to their financial needs while facilitating a straightforward, stress-free mortgage process for buyers, sellers and their agents.
- WE STRIVE: to build a lifetime relationship with our clients so that we can be their mortgage lender of choice for years to come.
- Benefits include but are not limited to: Flexible Paid time off, Paid Holidays, 401K, insurance: medical, dental, vision, commission and bonuses