We are looking for a highly-skilled loan partner to join our top-producing team and work alongside our loan officers. This position requires a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, plus the ability to manage loan files from beginning to end. Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships that help us to obtain future business. If you are detail-oriented, thorough, and can offer top-notch customer service then we need to talk!
- Be the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Verify all loan package documentation received is accurate and complete in accordance with company policy and procedures and report any discrepancies to the loan originator/ loan officer
Our Ideal Loan Officer Assistant
- Communicate with parties to the transaction to update them on loan status
- Track outstanding applications and loan documents and call customers to follow up on those documents
- Scheduling appointments for the loan officer
- Assist MLO in converting prequalification to applications in the loan officer. This is strictly handling the administrative side of setting up the electronic loan package (The loan officer should select product, loan terms, etc. and it should be in the MLO’s name in the LOS.)
- Assist MLO in preparing loan application documentation to submit to processing
- Assist MLO in returning phone calls when appropriate. Only basic status updates or requests for information may be made. LOA – Unlicensed is prohibited from communicating or negotiating loan terms, rates, etc. to a consumer
- Monitor pipeline reports daily for status of applications and communicate with processors weekly/daily to make sure all loans are moving through the approval process
- Occasionally provide initial “set up” of the file. i.e., order appraisal, title, verifications etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
The position will be remote, the Ideal candidate will live within the Dallas-Fort Worth Area.
- Ability to effectively work in a strong team-oriented environment and provide outstanding communication and customer service to clients
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- Advanced comprehension of loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Previous 3-5 years of mortgage experience required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a good working knowledge of current mortgage lending compliance and regulatory requirements
- Must be eager to learn and a motivated self-starter
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment
$45,000 - $55,000 salary per year + bonus
About First Bank
Established in 1907, First Bank is a privately-owned community bank that's been named one of the top performing banks in the nation. Our mortgage operations located in Plano, TX combines the stability of a traditional mortgage lender with the flexibility of a portfolio bank. Coupled together, our platform provides our employees the ability to deliver the highest level of customer service throughout the entire lending process and helps create an amazing home financing experience for our clients.