We're searching for a detail-oriented mortgage loan officer assistant. This position will play a vital part in communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, real estate agents, lenders, and underwriters to nurture relationships and develop new business. You will facilitate the completion of real estate loan applications, collect, analyze, and review supporting loan documentation in accordance with loan guidelines, and provide support throughout the loan application process. If you're interested in joining a team that empowers employees, clients, and partners to help them reach their goals, apply today!
- Be the primary liaison between the mortgage loan officer and our clients and schedule meetings to discuss outstanding items
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Provide administrative support such as screening and making calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Assemble loan documentation as required necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Answer questions about transactions for clients and company employees to help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Comprehension of basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- 2-3 years of professional office environment and administration or mortgage experience preferred
- Ability to effectively work in a strong team-oriented environment and provide outstanding communication and customer service to clients
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
$10 - $12 hourly
About Bayou Mortgage
Bayou Mortgage is a local mortgage brokerage based out of Lake Charles, LA. We are a small business and proud of it. Our entire mission is to help people own a home they'll love with a payment they can afford.