State Bank of Ceylon
Are you a motivated, ethical mortgage professional looking to grow your career in the industry? Our top-producing team is looking for an individual with a unique mix of guideline knowledge, closing abilities, leadership experience, and project management skills who can support our success.
The Mortgage Closer will oversee all closing operations for the lender and coordinate all aspects of the closing process. Your role is vital as the last set of eyes to confirm all loan conditions are met to ensure a compliant and timely closing.
Your primary duties will include preparing and providing legal documents and closing packages for title companies and attorneys, making sure loans are compliant with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA regulations, company policies, and industry standards, and providing pipeline reports to ensure all clients are on schedule to close and fund their loans.
The successful applicant will have years of closing experience, a firm grasp on regulations and lending trends, a team-oriented mindset, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are very team-oriented and will set you up to achieve your career goals. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity with a leader in the mortgage industry, look no further, start your application today!
- Check all loan documents for errors and confirm that pricing, case number assignments, title commitments, insurance policies, and PMI certifications are correct to ensure loan funding
- Sign off on the loan funding and help with the post-close collection of documentation to complete the process and any other duties as needed
- Organize all loan-closing documents and confirm they are accurate to ensure loan compliance
- Act as the intermediary in real estate closing transactions while communicating with clients, attorneys, closing agents, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any issues
- Identify and resolve any obstacles to loan funding by reviewing CD’s, LE’s, and disclosure histories; looking for compliance violations; and working with settlement agents on any outstanding closing conditions
- 2+ years of experience in residential mortgage closing
- Management and leadership experience strongly preferred
- High school diploma required, Bachelors preferred
- Strong knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, USDA, FHA, VA, and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements, first/second liens, home improvement, and home equity loans required
- Capable of multitasking in a deadline-based environment and can easily organize and prioritize their workflow
About State Bank of Ceylon
Here at State Bank of Ceylon, our mission is to provide simple and workable financial solutions for our unique and changing communities. We are a community bank that abides by the philosophy that all families and communities should have access to credit in order to pursue the American dream of homeownership. Our core values include solidarity: taking a team approach to accomplish more together, and human dignity: recognizing the uniqueness of every individual. We were founded in 1901 on personal service & customer care and we still live by those principles today. For 119 years we have been solving homeownership challenges in Minnesota and today we provide these services across the upper Mid-West and the Western US. Our ongoing success is driven by our strategy to deliver our clients a level of service unrivaled in the financial services industry. People are our competitive advantage, and accordingly, State Bank of Ceylon is a great place to work.