The Mortgage Firm
Our organization is experiencing rapid growth and is currently seeking a skilled and experienced mortgage closer to join our lending team. The successful applicant will have years of closing experience, a firm grasp on regulations and lending trends, and a positive problem-solving attitude. We are very team-oriented and will set you up to achieve your career goals. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity with a leader in the mortgage industry, look no further, please send us your resume today!
- Enter data on loan closing documents in a timely manner
- Work with the loan processor and loan officer or funder from
origination to close to ensure loan closing
- Assure all information is correct and signed accurately in the closing documentation, third party orders, closing packages, and loan files
- Prepare and execute the transfer of lender funds for disbursement
- Maintain and update loan calendar with active mortgage closings
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Starts file, carefully reviews file for accuracy and completeness
- Sends closing packages to title company
- Creates closing disclosure with the title company to ensure borrower funds match
- Performs compliance review to ensure rates and fees are within guidelines
- Prepares and delivers closing documents to settlement agent
- Reviews and approves HUD Settlement Statement
- Prepares loan documents for funding
- Ensures data integrity on all loan files
- Ensures closing conditions are satisfied
- Maintains current knowledge of agency, investor, and underwriting requirements
- Provides clear, effective communications to team members
- Assists with training closing/funding staff in the department
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management of The Mortgage Firm
- Understanding of loan products such as Conventional, FHA, USDA, and VA; as well as knowledge of mortgage industry regulations from origination to post-closing is essential
- GED or high school diploma is required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience of previous real estate mortgage loan processing, lending, or closing experience is preferred, experience with banking, credit unions, or financial services funding is suitable
- Superior written and verbal communications skills are required
- Candidates must be proficient with MS Office, lending or title software, NMLS experience is desired
- Proficient in Encompass and Microsoft Outlook
- Highly detailed and organized with ability to multi-task
- Professional image
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent mortgage loan processing experience required
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC, and investor guidelines.
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
Please no phone calls or walk-ins
$35,000 - $45,000 + bonuses
About The Mortgage Firm
At The Mortgage Firm, we look for an ideal candidate who wears our integrity like a badge of honor. We have good moral character and take pride in our work and reputation. We have a go-getter attitude that has a lot of fun competing with each other. We understand that being open to feedback will only make us better, so accountability runs high in our organization. We treat each team member like family, so you’ll see anyone jump in and get the loan closed. Finally, we strive to communicate frequently with our borrowers and our team members. We always follow up on emails, text messages, voicemails, and phone calls. We hope this is the last place you’ll work.
We care about our employees! The Mortgage Firm, Inc. offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, as well as a 401K with a discretionary employer match!
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.