The Mortgage Firm
Under the direction of the Closing Manager, the Closer is responsible for closing all Agency, FHA, VA, USDA loans, and ensuring that they are closed according to agency and/or investor requirements.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Starts file, carefully reviews the file for accuracy and completeness.
- Sends closing packages to the title company.
- Creates closing disclosure with the title company to ensure borrower funds match.
- Performs compliance review to ensure rates and fees are within guidelines.
- Prepares and delivers closing documents to the settlement agent.
- Reviews and approves HUD Settlement Statement.
- Prepares loan documents for funding.
- Ensures data integrity on all loan files.
- Ensures closing conditions are satisfied.
- Maintains current knowledge of the agency, investor, and underwriting requirements.
- Provides clear, effective communications to team members.
- Assists with training closing/funding staff in the department.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the management of The Mortgage Firm.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Encompass and Microsoft Outlook.
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Highly detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional image.
- Minimum 2 years’ recent mortgage loan closing experience and documentation procedures required.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC, and investor guidelines.
About The Mortgage Firm
At The Mortgage Firm, we look for an ideal candidate who wears our integrity like a badge of honor. We have good moral character and take pride in our work and reputation. We have a go-getter attitude that has a lot of fun competing with each other. We understand that being open to feedback will only make us better, so accountability runs high in our organization. We treat each team member like family, so you’ll see anyone jump in and get the loan closed. Finally, we strive to communicate frequently with our borrowers and our team members. We always follow up on emails, text messages, voicemails, and phone calls. We hope this is the last place you’ll work.
We care about our employees! The Mortgage Firm, Inc. offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, as well as a 401K with a discretionary employer match!
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.