State Bank of Ceylon
Our world-class team is searching for a hard-working, driven mortgage professional to ensure our closing process is smooth and efficient. This role is for an individual with years of leadership experience, project management skills, top-notch closing abilities, and strong knowledge of mortgage guidelines and lending trends.
The Mortgage Closer will manage the entire closing process for the lender. Your role is crucial; you’ll be the last person to review all loan documents and make sure the loan conditions are met to ensure a timely and compliant closing process.
Your responsibilities will primarily include preparing legal documents and closing packages and sending them to attorneys and title companies, making sure all loans are in compliance with industry standards, company policies, and FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA regulations. You’ll also keep track of the loan-closing schedule and regularly provide pipeline reports to ensure our clients can close and fund their loans on time.
Our top candidate will be a veteran mortgage closer who has excellent communication skills. If you have a drive for excellence and want to grow your career in the mortgage industry, we invite you to join us for a challenging yet rewarding role on an industry-leading team. We care about our team members, and we’ll make sure you’re set up for success to achieve your professional goals. Ready to start? Apply now!
- Organize all loan-closing documents and confirm they are accurate to ensure loan compliance
- Identify and resolve any obstacles to loan funding by reviewing CD’s, LE’s, and disclosure histories; looking for compliance violations; and working with settlement agents on any outstanding closing conditions
- Check all loan documents for errors and confirm that pricing, case number assignments, title commitments, insurance policies, and PMI certifications are correct to ensure loan funding
- Sign off on the loan funding and help with the post-close collection of documentation to complete the process and any other duties as needed
- Collaborate with closing agents, attorneys, clients, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any issues to ensure a smooth real estate closing transaction for all parties
- Solid understanding of FHLMC, USDA, FHA, VA, FNMA, and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements, first/second liens, home improvement, and home equity loans required
- Management and leadership experience strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow and multi-task in a deadline-based environment
- Minimum of 2 years of residential mortgage closing experience required
- High school graduate, 4-year college degree preferred
About State Bank of Ceylon
Here at State Bank of Ceylon, our mission is to provide simple and workable financial solutions for our unique and changing communities. We are a community bank that abides by the philosophy that all families and communities should have access to credit in order to pursue the American dream of homeownership. Our core values include solidarity: taking a team approach to accomplish more together, and human dignity: recognizing the uniqueness of every individual. We were founded in 1901 on personal service & customer care and we still live by those principles today. For 119 years we have been solving homeownership challenges in Minnesota and today we provide these services across the upper Mid-West and the Western US. Our ongoing success is driven by our strategy to deliver our clients a level of service unrivaled in the financial services industry. People are our competitive advantage, and accordingly, State Bank of Ceylon is a great place to work.