Fairway Independent Mortgage
We're searching for a detail-oriented mortgage loan officer assistant. This position will play a vital part in communicating with referral partners, current and past clients, real estate agents, lenders, and underwriters to nurture relationships and develop new business. You will facilitate the completion of real estate loan applications, collect, analyze, and review supporting loan documentation in accordance with loan guidelines, and provide support throughout the loan application process. If you're interested in joining a team that empowers employees, clients, and partners to help them reach their goals, apply today!
- Assemble loan documentation as required necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Follow up and respond to customer and in-house inquiries on transactions as needed in order to provide superior customer service
- Provide administrative support such as screening and making calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Check all loan package documents for complete accuracy and submit any discrepancies to the loan officer/ loan originator
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Prequalifies clients.
- Attends all functions with Loan Officer when required.
- Complete LPII checklist on all files and adhere to company time frames.
- Meets with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures.
- With new contracts, facilitate the introduction to Realtors via e-mail and facilitate a call from the Loan.
- All files turned into processing within 24 hours of meeting with the borrower.
- Submits complete files to processing based on Investor and/or AUS requirements to get ready for submission.
- Communicates with your team all information pertaining to the client and/or property to meet file expectations.
Essential Duties continued:
- Responsible for once-a-week status calls to all parties involved in the transaction (clients, realtors, builders, etc.).
- Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
- Sends out correspondence – Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc.
- Coordinate Closing details with Client – Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
- Solve escrow issues.
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations.
- Set up the file using the loan officer checklist and turn it into processing.
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Assist LPI with putting scenarios together for prospective clients (researching client scenarios with underwriting and investor guidelines).
- Re discloses all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
- Attend all loan reviews.
- Comprehension of basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- 2-3 years of professional office environment and administration or mortgage experience preferred
- Ability to effectively work in a strong team-oriented environment and provide outstanding communication and customer service to clients
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Origination systems.
While performing the duties of this job, a person is regularly sitting in a normal office environment at a desk using a computer, phone, fax, and copy machine. This person may occasionally need to lift up to 20 pounds.
$36,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Fairway Independent Mortgage
Here at Fairway Independent Mortgage, we exemplify a hard-working, family-oriented work culture and know the importance of taking great care of our employees.
We pride ourselves on giving back to our staff by offering many different company benefits, upholding a humble, family-like work culture, and consistently helping our employees reach their career goals.
We look forward to bringing on candidates who are looking for a teamwork culture that we provide here at our company.