Are you interested in joining a leader in the mortgage industry who offers stability and growth, ongoing training opportunities, and employee engagement? We're hiring a mortgage loan officer assistant who will work directly with and support our loan origination staff. You’ll track leads daily, schedule appointments for the mortgage team, prepare paperwork, and respond to customer inquiries on transactions as needed. If you're a detail-oriented employee with strong communication and time management skills, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Screen and make calls, book appointments and provide administrative support as needed
- Coordinate and prepare documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Answer questions about transactions for clients and company employees to help ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office; some CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- NMLS license or training is not required, but is desired
- At least 2-3 years of professional office environment required, preferably as an administrative or mortgage assistant
- Preferred degree in banking or finance, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Understand basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
$36,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Maltese Mortgage
Maltese Mortgage was founded in 2015 with the mission to create an unparalleled customer experience and a passion for serving the First Responder Community.