Are you interested in joining a leader in the mortgage industry who offers stability and growth, ongoing training opportunities and employee engagement? We're hiring a mortgage loan officer assistant who will work directly with and support our loan origination staff. You’ll track leads daily, schedule appointments for the mortgage team, prepare paperwork, and respond to customer inquiries on transactions as needed. If you're a detail-oriented employee with strong communication and time management skills, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Handle all customer and in-house inquiries about transactions so the process is smooth and customers receive excellent service
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between clients, branch manager, and assigned loan originator and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Check all loan package documents for complete accuracy and submit any discrepancies to the loan officer/ loan originator
- Assist with administrative duties such as making and screening calls, booking appointments, etc.
- Track and manage new leads and follow up on referral business using a lead management system.
- Have an initial discovery call with new clients on warm leads.
- Send out requests to clients for loan applications and documents needed to pre-approve a purchase loan and/or finalize a refinance loan.
- Run credit reports and review all documentation – including the accurate calculation of income for all types of borrowers on FHA, VA, Conventional, and other loan programs.
- Determine best financing options and communicate pre-approval decisions to clients and Realtors, including discussing rates and terms. This involves pricing and locking loans.
- Disclose and submit complete files to processing based on investor guidelines.
- Maintain constant communication with referral partners, clients, and management.
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all leads are being worked on in accordance with the company's timeline expectations.
- Work additional hours as needed.
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the leads in your personal pipeline.
- Stay current on all investor guidelines and program changes.
- Comprehension of basic loan financing options such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office required; CRM, MLS, DU, and proprietary mortgage software preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and willing to go above and beyond for customers and team
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- 2-3 years of professional office environment and administration or mortgage experience preferred
- Current knowledge of federal and state disclosure guidelines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector.
- Technology savvy- proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Office Suite, Desktop Underwriter, and Loan Prospector. Current familiarity with Encompass is a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns to accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Demonstrate high volume productivity.
- Must be detail-oriented organized and work efficiently under pressure.
- Must be a team player and work well with both Sales and Operations Staff providing utmost levels of customer service and an open line of communication.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong desire to help build relationships with Realtors and Borrowers.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- A positive attitude and self-motivation are critical.
$25,000 - $55,000
LENDSPIRE is a local Chattanooga based mortgage company that leverages technology to provide the most efficient, seamless, and cost-effective mortgage process for the consumer.