Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for an excellent opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding our jumbo footprint, and looking for an experienced jumbo mortgage underwriter to join our team. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, apply today!
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Assure that once all information is received it is accurate, it meets compliance standards, and it aligns with company policies
- Examine all documents and mortgage loan applications verifying that all necessary information is included for approval
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Search clients’ employment and financial histories thoroughly to determine accuracy of all documentation
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Demonstrates great decision-making and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage underwriting experience with Conventional, and Jumbo loans. FHA and VA are a bonus.
- Proficient in DU and LP
$120,000 - 150,000 yearly
About Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. NMLS ID 3277 is a full service, mortgage banker established in 1980. The company's excellent service and fast turn-time have made Sun West a multi-billion dollar national originator. As a result, Sun West is a leader in offering a diverse set of products with low rates and excellent pricing. Sun West is a HUD-approved mortgagee (FHA & HECM), VA LAPP approved, USDA lender, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Seller Servicer and Ginnie Mae Issuer. Sun West is a national leader in HMBS, residential, and commercial securitization.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule