This position reviews funding documents received from approved closing agents and issues funding authorization in accordance with guidelines and requirements per loan and is also responsible for distributing the funds accordingly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Handle collateral documents.
- Review loan documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Order all VA appraisals and work directly with the appraiser until the appraisal is received.
- Handle all VA appraisals payments.
- Register MERS on all loans that close with ALCOVA.
- Transfer all MIN Numbers to the new investor’s once the loan has been sold through the MER’s system.
- Review and prep files for accuracy to perform accurate loan documentation/funding/CDs.
- Release wire when all conditions have been cleared.
- Assist the Post-Closing Department for loan file delivery and assist with conditions if applicable.
- Set up and request wire from warehouse bank for funding on all ALCOVA loan closings.
- Work directly with all closing agents to balance their files on wire breakdowns.
- Verify lock information, fees and closing disclosure figures to meet all guidelines.
- Follow up on any additional items needed.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources.This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to perform this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of 3 years job experience.
- High school diploma, or equivalent education and experience; college degree in relative preferred.
- Knowledge of Encompass software strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of RESPA.
- Strong knowledge of wet/dry state closing requirements.
- Basic underwriting, processor, and closing knowledge and terminology.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high-level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.)
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.)
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.)
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identity new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.