The Spiegel Group @ Republic State Mortgage
We’re hiring a mortgage credit analyst to support our lending team in evaluating the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and ensuring our compliance with state and federal lending regulations. The successful applicant will be meticulous, organized, and great at helping clients navigate a stressful process with ease. If you thrive doing detail-oriented work and are interested in starting your career in the mortgage industry, start your application today!
- Provide guidance to realtors regarding what is required to submit a successful mortgage loan application
- Assure all files needed for the mortgage loan process are accurately maintained and organized and that sensitive information is handled properly
- Look over all mortgage disclosures to ensure compliance with federal and state lending regulations
- Assess each borrower’s financial statements and credit data to determine their creditworthiness
- Prepare paperwork for clients actively applying for a mortgage loan and help them pull together all the necessary documents and credit information to submit a complete and viable loan application
- Complete preapprovals for clients
- Quote rates for clients
- Superb communication skills, customer service skills, and time management skills
- Some college preferred, high school diploma or GED required
- Excellent at Excel and proficient in basic computer skills
- Experience with Encompass, Optimal Blue, Mortgage Coach are all plusses
- You are an expert at DU/LP, understand residential underwriting requirements for Fannie/Freddie, Jumbo, and/or Gov't loans. Construction loan experience a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years previous work as a loan officer, loan officer assistant, or processor.
- Must be comfortable working with and communicating with clients, Realtors, and other transaction partners. You must be comfortable communicating via phone, text, email, virtual meetings (zoom, teams, etc).
$65,000 - $95,000
About The Spiegel Group @ Republic State Mortgage
We are a trendsetting mortgage production team on a huge growth plan with an impeccable reputation. Our business is nearly 100% referral-based so our clients are quality and our deals are nearly 100% A-Paper - no busted-up files. This means the cream rises to the top. Our clients love working with us, they trust us, and that makes our work environment one of the best (if not the best) in the biz.
Our company is one of the best in the business. We have the most talented group of mortgage practitioners in the US and can back it up. We were named one of the Best Mortgage Companies To Work For by National Mortgage News. We are also "Great Place to Work" Certified & we've been named a "Top Places to Work" by the Houston Chronicle.