We’re looking for a versatile and intellectually curious Mortgage Compliance Manager to support Reali’s compliance program, with a focus on mortgage. The Compliance Manager will report to Reali's Legal Counsel, and help develop and oversee the compliance program for Reali’s various business units, including brokerage, mortgage lending, escrow, title, and insurance, with a strong focus on Reali’s affiliated mortgage lender, Reali Loans. The Compliance Manager will also work closely with the business units to provide day-to-day compliance advice to the various teams.
- Collaborating with a wide variety of internal and external partners to diagnose and address business unit and role-specific compliance needs
- Partnering with the product and operational business teams at Reali to ensure our products, marketing, and processes comply with law
- Collaborate with regulators and public authorities with respect to compliance, investigations, and administrative proceedings
- Remaining up to date on regulatory changes and mortgage industry best practices and keep the mortgage team apprised of such changes
- Developing and conducting training on compliance topics
- Coordinating and lead all aspects of internal compliance audits
- Drafting, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures
- Overseeing company and individual licensing
- Advising on day-to-day compliance matters and be a calm resource in case of escalations
- A minimum of four (4) years of in-house experience in the real estate and/or residential mortgage lending field
- Knowledge of and experience applying statutory frameworks and mortgage industry guidelines (e.g., TILA, RESPA, ECOA, GLBA, UDAAP, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, CCPA).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data security and data-sharing between affiliates.
- Experience with mortgage company and loan officer licensing.
- Experience with or interest in the real estate and consumer finance industries. We’re passionate about our mission to transform the home buying, selling, and financing experience.
- Experience with and passion for using technology to enhance lender operations and the borrower experience
Nice to Haves
- While full-time remote work is acceptable, the ability to commute to Reali’s San Mateo office is a plus.
- Experience with a rapidly growing consumer-facing technology company, or significant experience advising such companies, is a plus
$80,000 - $120,000 yearly
- Our Mission: "We're here to delight homeowners at every stage of their lives.”
- We are an award-winning high-tech, high-touch home services company, globally hiring 5+ people per week in 2021!
- Our Loans, Real Estate Agent, Listing, Buying, Escrow, Title and more, services: https://reali.com/real-estate-services/
- About Reali: https://reali.com/about