Position: Montessori Teacher (ages can vary)
Qualifications: Montessori Teacher with a Four-year degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field with at least Two years full-time teaching experience with a group of children.
Must show good leadership skills and ability to relate well to children and adults, including parents, staff members, and visitors. Must be able to accept differences in style and personality among teachers and children. Must have the ability to supervise one or more assistant teachers. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must have the ability to internalize and act upon suggestions and requirements imposed by Management Team. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
Positions are available in Houston, Spring, Sugar Land and Richmond.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Teaching a class of children in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the center. This includes:
a. treating each child with dignity and respect
b. Planning activities that will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development.
c. Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child in relation to cultural and socio-economic background, handicaps, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning.
2. Be responsible for a prepared, safe learning environment. This includes;
a. being able to communicate clearly, both in verbal and written form,
b. maintaining a weekly parent newsletter,
c. working towards a normalized classroom at all times,
d. knowing and delivering Montessori lessons in sequential order,
e. delivering Montessori lessons with the aim of promoting coordination, concentration, independence and order,
f. planning curriculum lesson topics for the whole year for the class and Kindergarten lessons for extended day,
g. preparing the environment daily so that it is inviting and appealing to the children (this will include changing the materials regularly),
h. promoting positive discipline in the classroom so that there is respect for each other,
3. Being responsible for reporting to the administration any equipment repairs or replacements needed, maintenance needed in the room or elsewhere in the building or on the playground, and supplies that need to be reordered.
4. Planning and carrying out conferences with the parents of the children in the class. Keeping records on the children’s development.
5. Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
6. Attending all staff meetings and programs sponsored by the center.
7. Actively seeking to continuously update skills by attending outside workshop and conferences whenever possible, by becoming active in professional organizations, and by constantly seeking new ideas and materials for use in the classroom with the children or to share with other staff members.
8. Maintaining the records that are required by center policy.
9. Supervise Assistant teachers to assist with daily group activities. Assume the responsibility for supervising all activities to ensure the physical and emotional well-being of each child in the group.
10. Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
11. Maintaining professional conduct and attitudes in working with parents and staff as well as visitors and the general public.
12. Share information and materials appropriately with other Center staff members.
13. Work in harmony with other staff members and Management Team.
14. Maintain proper staff child ratio at all times.
15. Must have or be willing to receive CPR and First Aid training.
16. Capable of accepting training and supervision
17. Capable of communicating with emergency personnel.
18. Perform other related duties, as requested by Management Team
With Montessori Kids Universe, you can journey toward professional independence as you change the lives of the children you serve. A leader in the industry; Montessori Kids Universe offers an opportunity that is unparalleled. Our unique growth model delivers a Montessori academic environment - coupled with our proprietary Reggio-inspired enrichment curriculum.
We are the premier national and international system of Montessori schools currently opening locations throughout the U.S. Our schools offer an authentic Montessori philosophy, combined with our proprietary Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum. We welcome you to our schools and invite you to learn more about Montessori Kids Universe.