Hyatt House Southside
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, meeting new people, and making a wide range of creative cocktails? You could be the ideal candidate for the position of the bartender at our hotel bar! You have a positive attitude and a customer-focused approach that ensures our patrons have a great time at the bar. You will be in charge of taking drink orders, recommending beer and wine, preparing traditional and unique mixed drinks, and maintaining the bar area so it is clean and sanitary at all times. If you are a professional who thrives in a busy work environment that provides great customer service, apply today! Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
- Collect payments, settle patron checks, and ensure tabs are paid, as well as record daily sales totals in the point of sale system
- Properly identify customers' age through identification cards, and serve alcoholic beverages following all applicable federal, state, local, and company rules and regulations
- Take patron orders and deliver a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, liquor, and mixed drinks
- Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing side work as instructed
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of glassware and beverages, as well as properly communicating any shortages to management.
- Serving and preparing appetizers to guests.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Prior food service industry experience is highly desired
- This role requires a strong emphasis on putting the patron first and providing exceptional customer service
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certification (GED)
- Must have evening and weekend availability
About Hyatt House Southside
Located in the Hub of Southside Works, right across the street from the Cheesecake factory and local shops.