Mid-Atlantic Pediatric Partners
Child and Adolescent Therapist - FT/PT
We have an amazing role for a therapist who is passionate about child and teen mental health to join our team as a psychotherapist.
Our ideal candidate is excited to work in a primary care pediatric setting and believes that children have a right to high-quality, accessible mental healthcare, and this care needs to happen working with a child’s primary care provider. You will work with pediatricians, nurse practitioners, and psychologists who recognize the mental health needs of their patients and want to offer top-notch care.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills are a must and will help you coordinate and collaborate care with other providers.
Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of supervised professional experience working with children and adolescents as well as their families and is licensed in Maryland as a professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or social worker.
If this sounds like a great role, please apply today!
- Paid time off
- A steady stream of referrals
- Competitive compensation and benefits including health insurance and 401k contribution!
- Full administrative support (answering phones, scheduling, benefits checks, claim submission, collecting payments) - you just see your clients and write your notes!
- Paid time off for professional development
- Supervision to help develop clinical skills
- A very supportive team
- Flexible schedule
We are dedicated to providing integrated behavioral health services in a primary pediatric care setting.
- Diagnose mental health challenges in children and adolescents
- Develop treatment plans based on each patient's needs
- Provide therapy to children and adolescents (individual or groups) or families, in-person or virtually
- Consult with family members on how to support behavioral health challenges at home
- Consult with primary care pediatricians on treatment plans and interventions
- Refer patients to outside specialists as needed
- Record progress notes in an electronic health records system
- Responsible for meeting quality expectations of accuracy, and completeness, and is responsive to feedback
- Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance, and adjusting priorities as needed
- Professionally relates to patients, families, and peers at all times
- Participates in regular staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Mental health degree from a nationally accredited program (social work, marriage and family therapy, or professional counselor)
- Current Maryland license or license eligible in Maryland as a mental health professional for independent practice (e.g. LCSW, LCPC)
- Availability for at least 10 patient hours/week during typical daytime hours and one evening a week or weekends
- Demonstrated specialty/experience in child and adolescent therapy or family therapy
- Willingness to collaborate with others
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Interest in working in a primary care setting
- Strong empathy and communication skills
- Experience with group therapy is a plus!
$55,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Mid-Atlantic Pediatric Partners
We are an established pediatric practice in North Bethesda, MD.