Affinity Psychological Services
Seeking an awesome, effective LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, or LP to join our team!
Our mission at Affinity Psychological Services is to help you achieve the private practice lifestyle you've been dreaming of!
We provide our staff with the supports, benefits, and camaraderie of a secure employment experience. At the same time, you get ultimate flexibility, autonomy, and freedom from micromanagement in how you do your work.
We are looking for either a full-time team member, or you can start part-time and work your way up to a full-time schedule. We can be flexible for the right candidate. BIPOC and Queer therapists are strongly encouraged to apply! We are a queer-owned practice that is committed to social justice and anti-racism both professionally and personally.
If this sounds like the kind of work opportunity you're seeking, then we want to hear from you! One thing that really sets Affinity apart is that we care about individuals, not just credentials. We want to begin getting to know you personally right from the start of the application process.
With that in mind, please send your resume/CV and a personalized cover letter that answers the following questions (you will be prompted to send your cover letter separately):
- What do you bring to a staff culture?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- Who are your favorite types of clients?
- What are your clinical specialties, or what area of specialty would you like to develop?
You may be a great fit for Affinity if you are:
- A therapist who loves your work and believes this profession is a calling, not a job
- A provider with experience and passion for working with oppressed, marginalized, disenfranchised folks including BIPOC, queer clients, and/or trans/non-binary clients
- A clinician who is ambitious to make a big impact in the world, and would rather do that as a part of a team than going it on your own
- Confident in your ability to connect with people and help them achieve their goals
- Constantly learning, growing, and improving - as a therapist and as a human
- Looking for a professional home where you can bring your full, authentic self to work
- Ready for a private practice lifestyle without the stress and time commitment to managing the business side
- Willing to be vulnerable, open, and welcoming of the giving and receiving of feedback, because that’s a big part of how we get better!
- Supremely comfortable with technology - from EHRs to teletherapy to shared drives. You know your way around the digital world, and you have no doubt you can connect with clients and effectively provide your services via video sessions
- Committed to team relationship-building through means like Slack, email, and video, as we are trying hard to maintain staff culture even during this complicated and more disconnected time
Requirements for Mental Health Therapist or Psychologist
- Fully licensed in the state of Minnesota (LP, LICSW, LMFT, LPCC)
- Minimum one year of post-graduate work providing psychotherapy services
- Commitment to embracing diversity in all of its manifestations
- Engaging, warm, open-minded energy and perspective
Preferences for Mental Health Therapist or Psychologist:
- A niche or specialty area of practice
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Desire to work some evening and/or weekend hours
$58 - $72 hourly
About Affinity Psychological Services
- Queer-owned; committed to anti-racism, equality, and embracing and celebrating diversity in all of its forms.
- Not just tolerant, but welcoming of everyone who steps through our doors.
- Non-hierarchical and anti-micromanaging.
- Confident, competent, awesome, and effective therapists - individually and as a team.
- Laser-focused on helping clients live more authentic, empowered, and connected lives.
- Pro-insurance, because everyone should have access to high-quality mental health services.
- Strengths-based, growth-minded, and non-pathologizing, because that’s what good therapy is, period.
- Committed to nurturing a positive work environment built on integrity, vulnerability, transparency, autonomy, and honest communication.
- All about pursuing high-vibe, dynamic, incredible energy for ourselves and our clients.
- Dedicated to maintaining and multiplying our unique culture.