A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc.
Are you a passionate and caring professional who prides themselves on providing the best possible care for your patients? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity at our clinic for a mental health therapist. Responsibilities include conducting diagnostic evaluations, developing tailored treatment plans with goals and objectives, offering crisis intervention when needed, and following up with patients to ensure they're getting the best care possible. Our ideal candidate holds a current LMHC license (licensed mental health counselor) and has 1-3 years of experience counseling mental health patients. If this sounds like a rewarding opportunity, please apply now!
- Create individualized treatment plans that include goals and objectives for each patient
- Assist with intervention for patients when a crisis occurs
- Refer patients and family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Evaluate patients’ circumstances on a regular basis and provide necessary follow-up care
- Use patient medical information, interviews, observation, and testing as well as collaboration with other staff members to determine a patient’s mental health status
- Current and unrestricted state license as an LMHC (licensed mental health counselor) or equivalent
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and great communication and interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years in a clinical setting working with mental health patients is required
- Additional certifications required: CPR, BLS (Basic Life Support)
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent and a bachelor’s degree in a field such as counseling or social work; we prefer a master’s degree
- Licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Possess a master’s degree in Social Work
- Qualify to join insurance panels
- Knowledge and basic skills in counseling practices and methods
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents
- Ability to communicate orally, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to establish rapport with others is a requisite for healthy and therapeutic relationships
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant
- Ability to effectively weigh and evaluate personal needs, client needs, and the aims and policies of the agency and to respond and negotiate these competing needs as appropriate
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in psychological emergencies and/or crises
About A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc.
A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc. staff are qualified professionals with the desire in helping relieve mental health issues such as anxieties, depression, PTSD, relationship issues, couple issues, children, and adolescent behavioral issues, and more.