McCloud Acosta Clinical Services, PLLC
McCloud Acosta Clinical Services PLLC is seeking the perfect fit to add to our dynamic and diverse team. We are looking for a DBT therapist to join our DBT team. The candidate we are looking for does not have to be trained in DBT as we will pay for training. We are a “Growth and Development” practice which means we strive to grow each clinician to their fullest potential and support clinician development of essential private practice skills. We are real people showing up to help other real people. Clinical skills are always a priority, but we also know that great clinicians are trained and nurtured, not just found. Although we always appreciate finding a skill set that benefits our clients, we love to nurture it in our clinicians. Our clinicians see value in the group setting, preferring to focus on clinical services and see the freedom of the group providing all the specialized practice framework services. It greatly adds to the work-life balance and allows our clinicians to focus on their families, children, and/or themselves.
We started everything in a small single office in Chantilly. Our love of this work and the beauty of working collaboratively created McCloud Acosta Clinical Services. The practice has expanded to Charlotte and Matthews, NC. We are also growing to include our own large group and training location in Mint Hill. The group is Co-owned by Caroline McCloud, MSW, LCSW, BCD, and Dr. Kristina Acosta, Ph.D., LCMHCS who exemplify the teamwork, creativity, and inclusivity from which this practice operates. We have Lead Clinicians in every clinical focus area and would love collaborative, caring, enthusiastic therapists to join.
As a practice, our culture is LGBTQ+ friendly and view clients through a multicultural lens. We pride ourselves in being able to treat in a systems orientation, so we love to have a therapist with a strong niche’. The current niche’ we are looking to fill is for our Dialectical Behavior Therapy team. We believe in being the place that can support the whole family, as well as individuals, so we are open to a clinician who is either trained or interested in being trained in DBT. In DBT, we serve teens, emerging adults, adults, and their families.
- Initiate services with assigned clients as scheduled by the intake coordinator by making sure that intake documents are signed, prior records are reviewed, and the client is contacted prior to the first appointment
- Demonstrate efficiency at paperwork duties using excellent time management skills, completion of tasks within assigned time frames, and the ability to communicate via written format in a professional and competent manner - these skills need to be used while engaging the client in completion of the initial paperwork, consents, and releases; determining the client’s clinical diagnosis; development, writing and coordinating together with the client to develop a case plan; writing accurate clinical notes in the format as provided by the insurer and MACS PLLC; writing of necessary clinical summaries and reports
- Ability to diagnose, treatment plan and provide therapeutic interventions for teenagers and adults to address a variety of client diagnoses’ with appropriate, evidence-based, and intuitive DBT group and individual treatment interventions
- Be able to adequately research, study and plan for treatment of a client's specific diagnosis' as well as implement care with clients in an ethical and competent manner
- Be trained in DBT methods and interventions or be willing to be trained
- Adherence to all laws, regulations, and codes regarding treatment, confidentiality, HIPAA, and other applicable standards
- Ability to be available to all your clients for emergencies after-hours and be able to appropriately respond to their mental health needs as arise
- Ability to communicate effectively with client and other staff on the McCloud Acosta Clinical Services Team
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word, Google calendar, Dropbox, and able to enter information into an Excel file, learn skills to work within the groups’ EMR, have good telephone manners, be able to text and email clients as well as collaterals using professional communication and be familiar with the office procedures
- Ability to attain your own 40 hours per year training and maintain your clinical license in good standing which includes attaining and paying for your own required supervision
- Practice good housekeeping and neatness at the office
- Present self in a professional manner by wearing a minimal of business casual dress and practicing good hygiene
- Smoking is not allowed in the building or near the entrances and sidewalks
- Being at the office at least 15 minutes before your client appointments
- Ability to work independently, take initiative in learning and researching new treatments for clients, and be self-motivated
- Help the office run efficiently by turning off computers, lights, fax, copier, etc when not in use and lock and secure the office when you are the last one leaving
- Strong ability to self-motivate, problem solve professionally and multitask
- Other duties as contractually obligated
MACShires therapists wanting to work as a team, collaborate, and build others up. As we continue to grow to serve our amazing community, we want to make sure that our team shows the beautiful diversity of our amazing state. LGBTQ+, BIPOC, diversity in religion, age, and all diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
HOW DO I KNOW I’M A GOOD FIT?!?
- You have a love for growth and other humans
- You support the LGBTQ+ community, Antiracist, and Celebrate Diversity
- You enjoy working for a dynamic team and collaborating
- You have a passion to grow and perfect your clinical skills. Must be willing to engage in and continue training! Learning never stops!
- Licensed as an associate (LCSWA, LCMHCA, Psychologist) or fully licensed (LCSW, LCMHC, Psychologist)
- Someone wanting to stick around for a while and be part of a team!
About McCloud Acosta Clinical Services, PLLC
So, what's the benefit of joining?
• We believe in growing therapists in a way that they are financially rewarded based on the work they provide
• We offer a medical spending account
• Paid trainings each year
• An office space in a prime location
• Insurance Credentialing and Billing
• LCSW or LCMHC supervision
• Owners that are passionate about the business and have their employees back!
• A team that will build you up!