Woodson YMCA, Inc.
Locker Room Attendants make themselves available for questions members may have in regards to membership, lockers, and other member benefits. They are responsible for establishing a positive environment in the men's locker room areas. This is a part-time position that includes a YMCA membership!
- Establishing positive relations with the members through personalized greetings, friendly conversation, and excellent customer service.
- Cleaning – such as vacuuming, wiping down, dusting, and wet mopping designated area of the locker rooms; as well as the laundering of towels and gym wear. This means that at any given time the locker room attendant must be continuously cleaning.
- Controlling the facility through closing procedures, removal of whirlpool cover, straightening up magazines, etc., as well as the management of kit and basket assignments.
- Restocking supplies such as soap, shampoo, tissue and toilet paper, and body lotion.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for health and wellness and motivating others in a healthy lifestyle is critical.
- Passion for the Y's mission and cause to strengthen the foundations of community.
- Certification required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- The ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, move quickly, and/or lift at least 50 pounds will be necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Previous customer service, or cleaning experience preferred.
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.