National Insurance Services
Responsible for the appraisal of group life and disability insurance applications and determining whether applications should be approved, declined or if additional medical information is required. Assures accurate and timely evaluation of individual applications, their employers group contract and relevant medical history that are reflective of NIS's underwriting goals and guidelines.
Base Annual Salary of $40,00 - $45,000 is dependent on experience.
- Responsible for the risk assessment of individuals health status both present and past
- Determines degree of risk present by examining, group insurance contract, application forms, personal statements and medical records.
- Maintains professional medical underwriting and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Resolve problems and enhance rapport with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management, Medical Field or related area. 5+ years of previous medical underwriting experience is desired.
- Strong knowledge of medical terms desired.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy laws desired.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use sound judgment and be decisive under a deadline.
$40,000 to $45,000 base annual salary plus bonuses
About National Insurance Services
National Insurance Services: