Exceptional Wellness Counseling
We are looking for a fun, caring, detail-oriented team player who knows about medical billing. As such we want to be fun and caring to you, too! This is because our mission is to provide our clients with an awesome and caring experience because reaching out for therapy is damn hard!
- At EWC we will provide you with a fun, supportive, and family-like environment.
- The work is fun, fresh, and dynamic, especially if you love numbers and boring stuff. You will be working with our friendly, collaborative team helping with spreadsheets as well as anything else that the billing manager comes up with.
- You will get to spend some of your days talking to clients that are looking for help and to be a caring listener.
- We aren’t big on stress. So while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- Each year EWC will conduct a review and work with the team in a collaborative fashion to find out what benefits would make our team happiest. This past year we offered a substantial raise and in 2021 we are offering a SIMPLE IRA with a 3% match.
- We have outings each year (last year we went paddleboarding and Axe throwing). During COVID we are meeting biweekly (normally monthly) to provide support and have celebrations! And we didn’t let COVID stop us-so we met in October (don’t worry, it was outside and virtually) and had an awesome paint night!
- Someone who’s looking for a career, a place to call “home” who is a team player
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of Google Drive, Google Sheets, email, navigating the web, and other computer-based stuff will be necessary
- You will be on the phone a great deal. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction
- Most of your time will be spent dealing with insurance companies so someone with a sound basis of how they work is needed
- We want someone who is detail-oriented. We aren’t seeking the fastest person (although we do look for productivity), we are looking for accuracy
- You need to be conscientious and meticulous in your work
In short, your job is to help our billing department and intake coordinator in any way you can. Also, to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
- Have a strong understanding of insurance billing and denials
- Be able to take constructive criticism
- Billing and coding license a plus
- Credentialing experience a plus
- Must have strong experience with insurance benefits
$35,000 - $40,000
About Exceptional Wellness Counseling
Exceptional Wellness Counseling is committed to addressing cultural issues around implicit bias, racism, microaggressions, for communities of color and diverse backgrounds. We approach this with a culture of humility, as well as an understanding that we are responsible for our own learning. We believe that this learning is lifelong. We strive to be allies in any way we can, work to be open to feedback when we make mistakes, and committed to putting meaningful action behind these sentiments.
Exceptional Wellness Counseling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.