Ashburn Children's Dentistry
Medical Billing Coordinator/Lead Admin
Signing bonus of $500 for qualified candidates!
Do you thrive in a role, using your talents to help increase office productivity, keep a busy office organized and running smoothly? Are you passionate about developing relationships with others and helping everyone succeed as a team for a shared goal? If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you.
We offer you an exciting opportunity with a well-established, multi-faceted, integrative functional pediatric dental practice. We are seeking a warm, caring individual with impeccable style and manners, a genuine love of people, and a drive to help others for the position of Bookkeeper/Insurance Coordinator.
The Bookkeeper/Insurance Coordinator is the backbone of the practice, ensuring that patients get the care they need through understanding their treatment plan, their financial obligations, and the timeline for payment. Also collaborating closely in supporting and overseeing the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the business. S/he works closely with patients, the Clinical Team, and the Administrative team, to facilitate a seamless transition from discussion of treatment to a commitment to a payment option. The Billing Coordinator/Lead Admin sets the tone for discussions about finances and insurance. S/he provides a calm and warm environment for patients who are otherwise anxious and concerned about “how to afford dentistry.” The Billing Coordinator/Lead Admin may also be responsible for some internal accounting duties that support the practice's goals for profitability. The position requires skills and abilities incorporating bookkeeping, customer service, and administrative processes and procedures. This position requires a team player with a can-do attitude who is willing to step in and do whatever task is required from low-level to a high level to facilitate the businesses’ effectiveness. Full-time position.
The candidate should have experience with Medical and Dental coding, submitting claims, posting payments, and following up on claim denials. The candidate must have knowledge of medical and dental electronic billing. Minimum of 3 years of billing experience necessary. Individuals must have the ability to communicate with insurance carriers. Professionalism in communication and attention to detail are key. A positive attitude is a must with the team, the patients, and the doctors on and off the phone. Willingness to learn and adapt when necessary. Dedication and reliability are a must.
Exceptional opportunities are here for your professional and financial growth! There are so many excellent reasons to be part of our talented, compassionate team:
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare and 401K
- Opportunity with established, yet fast-growing and innovative industry leaders
- Development potential through superior training and education
The successful candidate will be energetic with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment while providing best-in-class customer service.
- Verifies insurance information/coverage for all new patients
- Prepare a financial action plan by reviewing the patients for the next day and determining their financial needs and their status
- Research insurance predetermination, benefits, eligibility, and limitation for all patients, prepare estimates on treatment diagnosed and necessary financial arrangements
- Make sure patients are informed before additional services are performed
- Handle objections
- Effective collection and follow of the system from the first call, letters, emails, and beyond
- Studies of the insurance plans that are used most frequently with patients to understand the various nuances of each plan in order to communicate more effectively
- Sends information as requested by insurance companies such as x-rays, charting, narratives, and other documentation for processing the claim when applicable
- Check production and collection goals daily to work towards making the daily goal
- Utilizing excellent verbal skills convey our philosophy statement to patients that call our office
- Administrative team Lead, strives to have every time slot of doctor/hygiene time filled
- Document basic insurance information for quick reference
- Educates patients, as necessary, regarding insurance, their responsibility, and basic terminology
- Processes and submits dental and medical insurance claims daily. Corresponds with insurance companies to resolve payment delays, request for additional information, or to discuss the treatment that has been denied coverage: Follow-up on aging claims
- Provides all financial reports and breakdown of accounts
- Do a thorough chart review for patients who are out of compliance with their financial obligations and bring pertinent information to the huddle
- Monitors KPI's on a weekly basis and reports on a monthly basis with work action plans when necessary
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner
- Actively participate in all continuing education opportunities to expand your skillset
- Support the practice’s financial budget
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Health Administration. Comparable experience may be considered to substitute for all or part of the required education at management’s discretion
- Proven experience of 3+ years in bookkeeping and administrative support required
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures in a dental or medical practice.
- Dentrix and Medical billing software knowledge highly preferred
- Experience with medical AND dental insurance protocols. Familiarity with ADA, CPT ICD-10 codes
- Must be detail-oriented in order to maintain good financial practices, account balances, and financial reporting. Keen understanding of scheduling and financial systems in order to support the practice
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a functional management and fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to understand and operate equipment for assigned tasks; ability to communicate ideas clearly; concisely and effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and the ability to function within a team environment as a supportive and a lead contributor
- Track record of successful operational and business improvements
- Experience in implementing and managing organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to work 36-40 hours per week, Monday - Friday (some days as early as 7:30 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturday's per month
- Reliable transportation to ASHBURN, VIRGINIA in all types of weather
$18 - $25 hourly
About Ashburn Children's Dentistry
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.