Region Vein has an immediate need for a Medical Assistant / Office Assistant. This position is located at our Munster, IN office, and you will work as part of both the front office and clinical care team. This position is a part-time role, with the potential for full-time.
To be considered for the position, interested candidates must provide a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and why you feel you are right for this position, along with a current copy of your resume.
No phone calls will be accepted!
Candidates who have completed schooling in an accredited Medical Assistant program and be Certified or Registered Medical assistants are preferred. LPNs (licensed practice nurses) will also be considered who have relevant experience.
- The Medical Assistant works in tandem with the Physician, Ultrasound Technologist, and Office Manager staff to provide patients with excellent medical care in the most respectful and courteous manner
- The Medical Assistant will make sure that all patients who come to Region Vein are greeted with a smile and made to feel welcome and comfortable
- Always remains friendly and polite whether on the phone or assisting a patient
- Work as a part of both the front office and clinical care team
- Thrives on providing outstanding customer service, showing kindness and patience, and looks forward to coming to work each day
- Knowledge of EMR software and Electronic Charting
- Knowledge of computers and proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Knowledge of appointment scheduling guidelines
- Knowledge of business office procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information
- Knowledge of common safety procedures and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment
- Knowledge of vascular disease preferred
- Knowledge of various treatment options for varicose and spider veins preferred
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and day-to-day decision-making
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Skill in preparing/maintaining medical records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
- Skill in multi-tasking between clinical and office duties
- Skill in stocking patient rooms and recognizing supply needs
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral/written instruction
- Ability to sort / file data by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, referral physicians and their staff, patients, and vendor relationships
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Ability to read, interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests
- Ability to communicate clearly to and interact effectively with personnel at all levels
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
$15 - $17 hourly
About Region Vein
At Region Vein, our founding principle is respect and compassion for our patients and their concerns regarding venous diseases.
Our team at Region Vein provides comprehensive, office-based, and minimally invasive care of venous insufficiency. Venous disease is a chronic condition and we believe a continuity-based care model is the optimal way to approach the spectrum of venous insufficiency.
Our mission is twofold: the venous health of your legs today and the venous health of your legs tomorrow, utilizing the best available tools, training, and technology to accomplish this goal.