SES Group of Companies LLC
Our Team is growing! We are currently seeking a results-driven team player with the ability to manage a heavy bid list. This position will collaborate closely with the executive and marketing teams in both East and West coast operations to develop winning proposals! To be successful in this position you will be self-motivated and must work well in highly collaborative teams.
Leadership opportunities include management of staff, nationwide estimating experience with a general contractor, and coordination with team members nationwide. This position will involve the calculation of material quantity requirements, gathering, and preparation of routine estimating data and compiling data for use in bid proposal estimates.
- Communicate estimate and scopes of work to subcontractors, colleagues, architects, engineers, and clients
- Prepare quantity take-offs, analysis, estimates, and studies for all mechanical and plumbing items incorporated in the assigned scope from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors in order to solicit accurate and current pricing of plumbing fixtures, HVAC equipment, piping sheet metal material, distribution equipment, and miscellaneous material pricing
- Develop working relationships with local mechanical and plumbing sub-contractors in order to build and maintain a list of qualified bidders for all projects
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate including, but not limited to, items such as temporary heating and cooling
- Be adept at communicating the interrelationship between engineering systems and required architectural modifications
- Coordinate equipment pricing with the company logistics for mechanical and plumbing estimates
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client
- Participate in project hand-off to Operations to ensure proper transfer of knowledge from Preconstruction to Operations
- Prepare scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of mechanical and plumbing systems; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps
- Lead the evaluation of subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine scope coverage and manage risk of scope gaps
- Assist project staff in evaluating large change orders
- Gather and analyze mechanical and plumbing bid data for all projects using our system breakdown sheets. Maintain historical cost database
- Must be a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of five years related experience
- Mechanical and plumbing estimating experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Prior mechanical and plumbing experience with a general contractor is preferred
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Must be skilled in prioritizing, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizing
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
$110,000 - $140,000
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.