The Mechanical Engineer will play a critical role in CLMBR’s growth. You will be a key member of the team as we develop our core engineering systems. The Mechanical Engineer oversees the manufacturing of our contract manufacturing locations. Hands-on experience with mechanical assemblies and shop tools is preferred.
Strong preference for candidates with experience in consumer products or fitness equipment.
- Design strength and cardio fitness equipment utilizing Solidworks
- Apply a human-centered design to heighten user experience and decrease maintenance difficulty
- Create 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings
- Design, set up, and execute in-house product testing studies
- Design testing and verification equipment for ASTM and ISO testing of products
- Perform tolerance analysis, FEA analysis, and control production drawings and documentation
- Leverage PPAP quality processes to support quality assurance
- Create assembly drawings and instructions, write owner’s manuals, and assembly and service SOPs
- Design 3D printed parts, CNC parts, welded structures, injection molded plastics, die-castings, investment castings, and other fabricated or sourced equipment, parts, and materials
- Perform FEA analysis for safety and reliability reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus typically 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of product material selection, hardware selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- Experience integrating LabVIEW software with equipment in a test environment
- Experience with commercial automation tools such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal stamping/forming, die casting, extrusion, etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices
- Working in multi-disciplinary development teams; basic knowledge of electromechanical and electrical design
- Experience with Solidworks and PDM
- Familiarity with common test equipment (DAQs, motor drivers, load cells, sensors, etc.)
- Github / Python / Excel VBA experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Keen focus on results and be well practiced at setting realistic expectations
- Confident self-starter who can work autonomously under pressure
- Fitness machine engineering: 2 years
- Electro-mechanical design: 3 years
- Manufacturing processes: 3 years
- International Manufacturing: 2 years
$70,000 - $90,000 yearly
With a mission to revolutionize the climbing machine and empower every person to achieve more with greater efficiency, CLMBR has designed the most efficient, connected machine engineered with the end user in mind. CLMBR is built to support the movement the body was made for. Complimentary StudioCLMBR membership included.