Test Products, Inc. (TPI)
The Mechanical Engineer Designer (ME) at Test Products will work closely with management and requires a comprehensive knowledge of job functions, proficiency in applying sound engineering and project management principles; working knowledge of industry practices, standards, and equipment; ability to develop and implement all aspects of multiple assigned projects; use of independent judgment; enhanced verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work with minimal supervision.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. However, the ME Designer is expected to dedicate the time required to meet the company’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Design and install electrical manufacturing support systems for automotive facilities in a global environment
- Provide technical support for construction project development, design, planning, implementation, and renovations
- Provide applicable engineering construction drawings of noted systems with engineering designs that meet the customer needs and standards/codes applicable to the customers' cost-effective manner.
- Provide and/or develop technical expertise to design, install, troubleshoot mechanical support systems
- Provide and/or develop technical expertise to design, install, troubleshoot annealing issues, set up.
- Employees are expected to exemplify and uphold the company’s Core Values: Resourceful Lead from Our Seats Authentic Above and Beyond
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, and employees as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis and resolution ability.
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency with company’s CAD design tools (SolidWorks).
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
- Organizational, detail, and follow-up skills.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Experience with electrical driven equipment and electrical control systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in related field optional.
- 5 years direct experience with using solids-based CAD design tools.
About Test Products, Inc. (TPI)
Test Products, Inc. delivers custom, quality, and cost-effective electrical testing solutions with a wide array of in-house services to our for the transportation sector and suppliers.