Begert Stainless, Inc.
We are looking for an energetic, talented Mechanical Designer to join our team. The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for the design, drafting coordination including (but not limited to) preparing clear, complete, and accurate detailed assembly drawings from approved designs, customer needs/requirements, and/or derived calculations. Provide support to staff in estimating, purchasing, and sales by interpreting customer-supplied drawings and verbal or written specifications. Communicate with other departments to achieve competitive pricing, safe/reliable designs, overall customer satisfaction, while helping improve manufacturing performance & quality. Starting salary is $45,000 plus, based on experience.
- Provide customers with tank/vessel approval drawings using 2D & 3D modeling software.
- Relay customer requests and changes to the appropriate departments.
- Prepare and supply purchasing with a bill of materials for ordering in a timely fashion.
- Complete fabrication release package with all required documentation and drawings.
- Create waterjet 2D cut patterns for fabrication
- Work with the fabrication team to provide support for ongoing projects and troubleshoot un-timely problems that may arise.
- Follow and update project schedule to maintain or exceed project completion dates.
- Prepare as-built drawings for turn-over package and record.
- Education and Experience: Mechanical design Associate degree or equivalent prior experience in steel manufacturing and design/engineering.
- Knowledge & Understanding: Manufacturing processes, human resource processes, quality systems & standards, best management practices, very strong computer skills, develop and track key performance indicators.
- Strategic: Develops a strong understanding of company goals and direction and is expected to contribute to future planning. Sees the overall purpose of each role in the company and is capable of determining proper functions and interventions when needed
- Mathematical: Ability to compute rate, calculate formulas, ratios/proportions, percentages and interpret financial reports. Excellent skills in Algebra, Trigonometry, and Geometry.
- Constructive Exchange: Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and/or prior experience using 3D modeling software (Autodesk inventor) and 2D Auto-Cad. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets, tables & macros), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft teams. Also - the ability to create and execute FEA analysis using Nastran (or equivalent software) on 3D solid models to ensure product integrity and reliability for diverse operating conditions.
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
To learn more about BSI, please check out our website, including our brochure @ www.begertstainless.com and https://www.begertstainless.com/s/BSI-Tanks-Vessels
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is a family-owned company established in 2002. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed, and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customer needs, and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families, and the communities we serve.