Scott Manufacturing Solutions, Inc.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for contributing to the mechanical design and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to medium voltage padmount, pole-mount, and hardware products.
- Review conceptual drawings and requirements provided by the Electrical Engineering department, along with any customer specifications, to produce the structural 3D.
- Accountable for structural BOM, based on loading requirements and component mechanical properties.
- Ensure structural analysis and design calculations meet customer specifications as required.
- Approve final layout designs and drawings completed by the mechanical designer and drafter.
- Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Ensure ECOs and redlines are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide engineering support to fabrication and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Provide suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding the production and the equipment used.
- Provide insight and support and procure and implement newly acquired manufacturing equipment, as well as any troubleshooting as needed.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills, and can clearly communicate and express ideas, internally and externally.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and effectively with others.
- Appropriately selects and uses correct communication methods, to keep others adequately informed in a positive manner.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3-D Modeling Software (SolidWorks); Product Data Management experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Exposure and knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), Utility Electric Service Requirements (ESR), ANSI C37, and UL.
- Ability to promptly respond to and resolve any customer issues, while actively seeking feedback to improve service.
$70,000 - $90,000
About Scott Manufacturing Solutions, Inc.
Scott Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At Scott, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business ‘owner’ with a vested interest in our success. We’re also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.