The Farm & Land Company Inc.
We are hiring for an experienced and knowledgeable farm equipment mechanic and shop manager. The right candidate will diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors and harvesters. The candidate can reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation, and making adjustments as necessary. Manage equipment, read inspection reports, locate and diagnose malfunctions. Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools. Hydraulics - maintaining and rebuilding misc. hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, and components.
The ideal candidate must be a motivated individual who can stay on task and work well with others.
Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical. complete overhaul and replacement of engines.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Handling and Moving Objects
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person.
Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment
- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
Interacting With Computers
- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Must have at least 5 years minimum experience
- Knowledge of Transmission Rebuild and Transmission Repair
- Experienced in troubleshooting and repairing hydrostatic drive systems
- Must have OWN complete set of mechanic tools
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, schematics, and sketches
- Must have computer/internet skills
- Detail orientated and a problem solver
- Complete parts order forms
- Pick-up and deliver equipment and parts
- Mechanically inclined
- Prior farming experience
- Maintain a variety of equipment and tools to ensure their safe operation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
$20 - $28 per hour
About The Farm & Land Company Inc.
The Farm and Land Company Inc. is a growing agricultural, commercial, and residential real estate company focusing on investments in the central valley and central coast of California. Our mission is to create sustainable, environmentally friendly farms, provide home rental opportunities, and unique workspace and retail options. We are 100% team focused and only hire the best of the best.