Do you have a passion for education? Do you enjoy helping students attain their academic goals? Are you looking to work in a dynamic, synergic environment at a fast-growing educational institution?
About KEY Education:
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool to graduate programs.
We are looking for experienced Math teachers/tutors who come to us with knowledge and understanding of current pedagogy in mathematics to prepare students for standardized exams and improve their academic achievement while following prepared lessons. We believe that a strong foundation through education will set students on the right path to success. We need a like-minded individual to join our team.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time
- Teach math concepts, strategies, and problem-solving students from any grade ranging from Grade 3 to Grade 11
- Follow and deliver prepared lesson plans, assessments, and student reports efficiently and effectively
- Collaborate with others within the organization
- Contribute to the advancement of a dynamic teaching and learning environment through constructive feedback
- Invest in the student's well-being and safety, physically and emotionally, and contribute to student learning and advancement
- Maintain a growth mindset and passion for student progress and the student's personal and academic development.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and agency; holds themselves accountable for learning outcomes and advocate for their students
- Bachelor's degree in Math or Science, preferably from a US, Canadian, or UK university, or a comparable qualification
- An education degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field of teaching is considered an asset
- Prior teaching and/or tutoring experience is an asset
- Familiarity with the SSAT is an asset
- Knowledge of instructional methods appropriate for students at the respective grade level
- Desire and ability to work with students, at the specified age level with diverse backgrounds and levels of ability, toward accomplishing their educational goals
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Manage small groups of students in a classroom environment; and communicate effectively with students, parents, and other staff
- Working familiarity with internet and email systems, and word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with the use of technology in the classroom, including Zoom and Google Classroom, and able to use online teaching resources
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. While we may be a local market leader, our reach is global. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool to graduate programs.
With our team of industry experts who are former independent school staff members, our students have gained admission to highly-selective independent schools including:
- Canada: Crofton House, York House, Collingwood, Mulgrave, Stratford Hall, Southridge, Southpointe Academy, St. George’s, St. John’s, Shawnigan Lake School, and St. Michaels University School
- United States: Phillips Exeter Academy, Berkshire, The Episcopal School, Harker, Tilton, Storm King, and Ethel Walker