Joe Knows Energy
The primary responsibility of the Material Coordinator shall be to plan, schedule and coordinate the material procurement program to meet the area construction schedule. The Material Coordinator shall maintain control of all construction materials for construction projects.
The responsibilities assigned to the Material Coordinator will include but are not be limited to the following:
- Plan, schedule, review and coordinate material procurement to meet the area construction schedule.
- Maintain administrative control of all construction materials as required for construction projects.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for critical materials as necessary to meet construction needs and contract obligations.
- Supervises the procurement of materials not ordinarily procured by the Purchasing Department.
- Ensures that all material procured meets D.O.T., OSHA and Company requirements.
- Participates in the training of the Material Clerks.
- Submits periodic project status reports.
- Coordinates flow of material in the material delivery program and recommends and implements corrective action.
- Maintains contact with stores, Purchasing, Design and Construction personnel as well as outside vendors to discuss matters relating to the procurement of materials.
- Verifies accuracy of material ordered on authorization and purchase orders to the construction drawings. Corrects and procures material missed or ordered incorrectly.
- Maintains contact with Plant Accounting regarding work order differences.
- Works with Material Clerks regarding completion reports and unitizing of various items.
- Ensures that all completion reports are received by Plant Accounting within a reasonable time after completion of a project to verify that all materials are accounted for.
- The Material Coordinator should have a minimum of two (2) years prior experience working for the pipeline industry, experience using field purchasing control systems, previous experience generating completion reports, able to perform duties of the Sr. Material Inspector and demonstrated ability to work without close supervision.
- The Material Coordinator should have a pick-up truck.
About Joe Knows Energy
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline industry, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.