The Material Grader/helper is responsible for receiving materials from the general public as well as commercial clients, grading that material, both ferrous and non-ferrous, then packaging it according to its grade. The Material Grader works closely with customers and is the final decision maker on material grading. The Material Grader/helper must have a general mechanical background as well as good math skills.
- Grade ferrous and non ferrous materials
- Purchase materials according to grade and materials market price
- Sort materials and store for processing
- Work closely with public and commercial customers, explaining grading and pricing when requested and displaying high quality customer service
- Operation of fork trucks
- Sort and organize materials. Improve the working environment daily through excllent organizatio
- Strong mechanical background
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds by themselves, and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Able to work outside in all types of weather
- Willing and able to be a team player
- Able to communicate well with coworkers and customers
- Able to take initiative and finish projects
$9.00-$12.00 per hour
About Marshfield Scrap
Marshfield Scrap is a material recycling company handling all types of metals, appliances, automobiles and other recyclable material. Having all the equipment necessary to take care of each customer, Marshfield Scrap focuses on providing exceptional service to every person who drives through their gates.