Kane County Counseling Services LLC
Kane County Counseling Services LLC (DBA Barnum Counseling) is looking for a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Counselor to join our growing practice! We are looking for a team player who is interested in growing with the practice, beginning at part-time employment and gradually advancing to full-time (25 direct client hours per week, plus 10 hours of admin time).
Part-time and full-time employment compensation is based on education, training, experience, and license level.
Desired candidates will have experience conducting couples and family therapy with a solid foundation in couples/family counseling and familiarity with EFT, Gottman Method, or other evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
In support of our practice’s values, we are looking for clinicians that exhibit warm, open, accepting, energetic, and empathetic personalities. Applicants with the ability to build strong, therapeutic relationships with their clients are a must.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with clients with diverse backgrounds and have an interest in participating in ongoing multicultural awareness training. We are looking for professionals who wish to grow individually and collectively, through continuing education, consultation, and professional support. Additionally, we are looking for those who are self-motivated and have an interest in supporting our community.
Those with experience and comfort with EHR/EMR systems are strongly encouraged to apply. A background check and reference check will be required.
- Conducting in-person and telehealth individual, couples, and family therapy with clients, ages 10+ using evidence-based strategies
- Completing phone intake assessments to determine client-therapist fit (when required - we offer free 15 min. telephone consultations to our clients)
- Daily use of our EMR/EHR system for documentation, scheduling, case note review, and organization
- Appointment scheduling (when needed)
- Researching and preparing for sessions with clients
- Completing intake notes, progress notes, and treatment plans on time and according to best practices
- Completing other case management as needed/required
- Payment processing of co-pays
- Consultation with other professionals involved in client care
- Preparing for and attending mandatory weekly supervision meetings (for LPCs, LSWs, and ALMFTs only)
- Monthly participation in staff meetings and group supervision
- Continuing education to keep license active and stay up-to-date on trends
- Community outreach and involvement
- Light cleaning (due to COVID-19) and maintain office space used
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or Doctoral degree in the field of Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Candidates must possess an active Illinois professional license such as Psy.D., Ph.D., LCPC, LCSW, LMFT, or LPC
- At least one year of clinical experience conducting individual, couples, and family counseling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required
- Comfortable using technology
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Kane County Counseling Services LLC
We are an inclusive, warm, and welcoming private therapy practice in beautiful downtown St. Charles, IL. As an employee with Kane County Counseling, our practice offers the following perks:
- Presents therapists with an opportunity to work with clients, ages 10 and up, whom we treat for a variety of mental health conditions. Our clients have unique stories and cultural backgrounds. Our therapists are offered a yearly stipend for continuing education.
- Provides each staff member with a Chromebook to complete work electronically and hassle-free
- Offers supervision and consultation to help therapists do their best work with their clients.
- Offers each employee an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) through Edward Jones
- Offers and pays a portion of medical benefits (BCBS PPO) for FULL TIME (30+ hours/weekly) employees
- Offers a yearly continuing education stipend