Prospect Therapy is currently seeking full-time licensed master's level clinicians to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A licensed master's level clinician (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC) in the state of California
- Has at least 5 years of experience working specifically with the LGBTQ+ communities and can demonstrate an affirming clinical stance (It’s more than knowing the language to use!)
- Works from a feminist, relational, trauma-informed, HAES, anti-racist, and LGBTQ+ affirming lens and can demonstrate how these models apply to client work
- Trained in couples therapy (Gottman, EFT, PACT, etc.)
- Able to commit to providing at least 20 sessions per week
- Has worked in a private practice/group practice and understands the differences between working in a nonprofit or agency setting and a small business setting
- Is not working at a private practice while employed with Prospect Therapy and does not seek to have their own practice. The successful candidate will want to grow with us as a team. We believe that ten people working together can do more than ten people working independently
- Is self-reflective, humble, enthusiastic, diligent, and organized. Someone who is actively “doing their own work,” either through personal therapy, coaching, ongoing training, accountability groups, book clubs, or other structured forms of personal and professional development
- Is invested in growing with Prospect Therapy and can commit to a minimum of 2 years of employment
This position offers:
- A healthy work-life balance supported by a flexible schedule and competitive compensation (base pay + commission = average 50-60%) as a W-2 employee. Depending on caseload and qualifications, licensed clinicians can estimate a range of income conservatively beginning at $65,000 per year if under 20 clients per week
- 90-100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance benefits
- All client referrals are provided to you and the opportunity to market your services
- Administrative support with welcoming and enrolling clients as well as billing
- Enriching clinical experience and a collaborative environment with other therapists
- Opportunities for growth and promotion within the company
- Contribute to team culture and collaborate with colleagues through regular meetings, team outings, and consultations
- Provide a minimum of 20 client sessions (individual and/or couples) per week either in-person at our offices in Long Beach or via telehealth
- Complete progress notes in a timely manner weekly
- Maintain licensure including CE requirements, have own malpractice insurance
- Option to expand into leadership roles, provide clinical supervision, facilitate paid training and workshops if desired
- Licensed clinician (MFT, MSW, Ph.D.) in California
- LGBTQ+ affirming
- Trained in a specific model of couples therapy
- Experience in private or group practice a plus
$65,000 - $95,000 yearly
About Prospect Therapy
Prospect Therapy is an LGBTQ+ affirming psychotherapy practice that offers quality mental health services to individuals, couples, children, and families. Our guiding principles are integrity, generosity, and enthusiasm. We support these principles through transparent decision-making, promoting community visibility and access to care, and affirming all identities. Prospect Therapy is a place where employees and clients feel honored, seen, and respected – and are willing to do the work.
We provide queer and trans-affirming feminist therapy with a focus on first-generation, immigrant, and bicultural communities.
Our employees receive administrative support, 90-100% employer-funded medical benefits, flexible scheduling, paid training opportunities, and all client referrals.