Opportunity: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager at The Fifth Avenue Hotel will be responsible for the execution and management of all marketing for the property with a strong emphasis on digital marketing while working in conjunction with the Ecommerce Manager and sales teams. This role will manage workflow and execution of hotel marketing efforts by providing day to day direction to internal staff and external partners, with regard to strategic prioritization, implementation, creative direction, and market knowledge.
Potential Career Path
Marketing Director – Director of Sales and Marketing
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and enhance the property’s brand, product recognition, and reputation in the public’s eye through the use of social media, print media, marketing strategy, and successful advertising practices.
- Negotiate Contracts with vendors and digital advertising entities.
- Analyze market research and strategies in order to engage and develop traditional as well as emerging markets while providing detailed reports and forecasting.
- Maintain web presence, monitor traffic, and identify advertising and marketing opportunities.
- Compile marketing data through data mining, trend recognition, and social media in order to generate detailed reports.
- Embody the creative director and lead marketing efforts through clear communication in a project oriented, strategic, and globally conscience mindset.
- Coordinate objectives with brand management, social media, and the creative atmosphere of the hotel while ensuring uniformity and consistency.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and hotel brand positioning.
- Identify marketing and promotion opportunities then develop and execute marketing strategy and implantation.
- Leverage customer insight data to refine market segments in order to attract additional and maintain existing customers.
- Assist in implementing new tools, reports, and technology to analyze and report data needs among all functional areas.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear and precise data analysis.
- Maintain E-Mail database.
- Maintain and update Monthly Marketing action calendar.
- Work with Public Relations to distribute press releases and follow up as necessary.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Real Estate, Business or Hospitality.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and the hospitality industry.
- Prior experience with a branded entity, working to develop, enhance, and cultivate that brand in the public eye.
- Previous work experience in utilization and successful navigation of social media, specifically with brand nurturing and marketing, media buying and Ecommerce.
- High proficiency in Google Apps, MS Word and PowerPoint; ability to learn the functionality of new software and systems.
- Great communicator with the ability to convey both analysis and findings to management and external clients.
- Ability to work in cross-functional, entrepreneurial atmosphere in order to achieve measurable results and improve existing processes.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires sitting, typing, speaking on the phone and standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 20 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is an award-winning hotel management and investment company that operates over 200 full-service and select-service hotels with 10,000 associates in markets across the country. HHM is a leading manager of Marriott, Hilton, IHG, and Hyatt brands, and also operates over 30 independent luxury and lifestyle hotels. The highly experienced and stable operating team is known for being nimble, accountable, and passionate in how they drive market-leading results for owners and best-in-class experiences for associates and guests.