Compass Real Estate
The Jimmy Johnson Team, a growing and dynamic residential real estate brokerage team at Compass in New York City, is looking for a world-class marketing manager to develop, oversee, and execute our team’s marketing and advertising initiatives.
This position is primarily focused on increasing our team’s brand awareness and growing the team’s business through the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy and calendar, developing creative and on-brand marketing content, then overseeing the implementation of all marketing and advertising efforts. This is very much a storyteller role, creating a customized, engaging, and cohesive narrative that conveys to our existing and prospective clients who we are and the value of our services. To this end, a good candidate will demonstrate leadership by way of crafting marketing campaigns that suit our team’s values, style, and particular market. You will engage directly with the team leader and operations manager, and will be responsible for crafting content for all our marketing channels: digital, social media, print, mailers, and events.
If you have excellent communication skills, write extraordinarily well, and have creative ideas about how to elevate our brand, we would love to meet you! A strong interest in real estate is desired.
Marketing Calendar, Strategy, and Reporting:
- Prepare annual Marketing Budget and calendar for all channels including social media (Facebook, Instagram, Later LinkedIn, Hootsuite, etc.), events, email newsletters, mailings, print ads, and other marketing campaigns.
- Support agents by providing data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer service requests.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing marketing expenditures, data and ROI.
- Stay plugged into all Compass marketing content and tools.
- Run reports on opens, click-throughs, likes, followers, etc. to measure success and engagement of campaigns and adjust accordingly.
Email and Digital Marketing:
- Design regular email newsletter template and utilize this regularly email campaigns highlighting team’s recent work, new listings, noteworthy events around the city, spotlighting our clients’ accomplishments, embed with photos and videos, etc.
- Create and deliver “just listed,” “just sold,” “upcoming open houses” etc. email updates.
- Manage all social media accounts for the team (Instagram, Facebook). Manage weekly regular postings, using Compass-produced content and tools to supplement team content. Create and post targeted ads and boosted posts for our listings and team branding content.
- Create and execute a full calendar of media/video content (e.g. topics, launch dates, and editing/production plan for video interviews with prominent clients, colleagues, architects, attorneys, video market updates, etc.) for uploading to website/email blasts/social media.
- Coordinate development of team website and landing pages.
Listing Marketing Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and implement an ongoing client appreciation/referral gift program.
- Sending out handwritten thank you notes.
- Finding opportunities for further engagement with our sphere of influence and database of past and prospective clients over the phone, in person, and in written channels.
- Create templates for email and phone engagement, personal notes, follow-ups, etc. and work with Operations Manager and Buyer’s Agents to maintain that material.
- Plan, promote, and execute several “client appreciation” events and other in-person engagement opportunities throughout the year.
- Work with agents to craft and execute marketing plan for each team listing, including Open Houses, email blasts, social media campaigns, etc.
- Drafting/Editing copy for team listings for company database, web ads, and show sheets.
Mail Marketing and Client Collateral Package:
- Refine and update packets of printed marketing materials/brochures for on-boarding new renter and buyer clients.
- Create content for mailings (postcards, market reports, holiday cards, etc.) to clients and targeted buildings and coordinating with Operations Manager to execute shipping.
- Order and distribute team-branded marketing collateral/schwag such as water bottles, pens, tote bags, etc.
Pitch and New Business:
- Create/produce/maintain pitch presentation and all materials for pitching new listings, including printed pitch presentation with team bios, sales histories, and information about Compass brand.
- Previous marketing experience required, preferably at a real estate firm.
- Fluency with Mac operating system, Google software (Contacts, Docs, Sheets), and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Later, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Familiarity with Contactually or other CRMs, Mailchimp, Keynote, Squarespace, Photoshop, and/or XpressDocs (or similar applications) a plus.
- Excellent writing skills.
- High attention to detail and high organizational skills.
- Data-oriented: doesn’t shy away from keeping records up to date, organized, scalable, and reportable.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and takes initiative.
- Creativity, responsiveness, maturity and flexibility highly valued.
- Video/photo editing and/or graphic design experience is a plus.
- Full-time or possibly flexible work schedules/part-time hours.
$15.00 - $25.00/hour
About Compass Real Estate
Compass is a top-tier full services real estate brokerage in New York City.