Velasquez & Associates PA
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will have responsibility for supporting the law firm in efforts to build our profile and grow our presence in the local marketplace with a strong focus on helping lawyers build relationships with clients, prospects, and recruits. The candidate will report directly to the law firm owner, attorney Juan Velasquez.
The salary will also include an additional form of compensation in the form of a COMMISSION based on the performance of the candidate.
40 hours per week, with the flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
PITCHING, TARGETING NEW BUSINESS GENERATION
- Work with the law firm owner to develop programs and targeting initiatives to build relationships with new and existing clients
- Identify areas for expanded services offerings to existing clients, and through consultative sales approach, coordinate follow-on activities
- Help identify and implement sector or practice group programs that support local client development efforts
- Assist in creating a strategy for and preparing and managing responses to RFPs, pitches, and business development presentations
- Deploy strategic client development initiatives, especially related to client feedback
- Gather intelligence on emerging market and stay informed of industry, legal, and business publications and events relevant to the Miami lawyers in an effort to, among other things, identify and pursue suitable business development opportunities
PROFILE RAISING MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
- Manage the law firm's social media accounts and post content on them
- Draft, research, and revise articles, publications, PowerPoint presentations, speeches, client alerts, newsletters, updates on legal developments, and other materials for use in external and internal publications and client mailings, and for events such as conferences, panel discussions, client meetings, seminars, and speaking engagements
- Creating and implementing integrated campaigns to help raise our internal and external profile and awareness among our key target audience and generate opportunities to meet potential clients
- Develop and execute cross-practice, cross-sector office-specific events, including building contact lists of Miami clients and tailoring invitations and programs for Miami audiences
- Write and submit legal directories and nominations for Miami practices
- Research and evaluate potential conferences, publications, and other client relationship-building opportunities for the Miami lawyers
- Create and update web and print marketing materials, including brochures and case descriptions, as needed
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities, negotiate agreements, and manage participation in sponsorships in order to ensure that the firm maximizes return on its investment
- Identify and develop a strategy for the firm’s participation in local business and civic associations to raise profile and deepen local executive relationships
- Assist with updating marketing materials, including brochures and matter descriptions, in English and Spanish, as required by the lawyers
- Develop marketing and business development plans and budgets for the Miami office, including all sponsorships, client development, and events
- WIDER Office Event Planning and Execution
- Manage and support all external-facing events in the Miami office
- Plan and prepare all office recruitment-related events, in particular our summer clerkship program, and coordinating all such events with attorneys, business services, and the summer clerks and/or potential recruits as needed
- Create digital event invitations and RSVP surveys along with assisting in disseminating invitations and tracking RSVPs
- Work with supporting departments to develop event design items such as signage, graphics, speaker placards, name tags, and marketing collateral
- Be on hand and provide assistance for all on-site and off-site events, which may include nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Very strong writing, research, analytic, and organizational skills
- Extensive experience and proven success with formulating, implementing and sustaining client development efforts, and in building/expanding client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment
- Collaborative and team-minded
- A proactive approach to marketing and business development, planning, and execution skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative, professional environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or business, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent sales or legal experience, paralegal, clerk, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in the professional services industry or in sales, preferably at a law firm
$50,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Velasquez & Associates PA
Please take a look at the firm website to find out more about us. www.jvelasquezlaw.com