We are currently seeking someone skilled in leading a team in a Manufacturing Environment!
This position is responsible for the safety and productivity of all production employees staffed on designated shifts, as well as plant security. The Department Leader position is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters and for participation in both the hiring and performance management processes.
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees assigned to a designated shift
- Ensure security of facilities during designated shift hours
- Enforce all safety and processing procedures
- Enable effective communications between management and operators
- Train new employees and coach existing employees
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Manufacture and pack products as necessary
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule
- Basic understanding of computers
- good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Forklift certification preferred
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 100lbs
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to operate forklift safely
- Must show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
$14 - $15 hourly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.