The Manufacturing Engineer (0727, 0823) Opportunity:
Veev is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to help develop our manufacturing processes, automation strategies, and equipment. This person will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering team and will lead the design and procurement of our equipment from external vendors.
- Take product handoffs from Design and R&D teams by supporting new product introductions from concept phase through prototype and mass production.
- Including but not limited to early DFM feedback on the design, participate in proto builds, support design teams on development of new technologies, creating manufacturing work instructions, and production support as needed.
- Collaborate with project teams on EVT/DVT/PVT deliverables and provides input to the stakeholders from FAB perspective - equipment limitations, process concerns, skills assessment
- Lead the design, installation, commissioning and ramp of new processes and equipment on our factory floor
- Be the leader of the FAB activities for all pre-mass production (DVT) builds. e.g. TPMs coordinate the builds, but the ME is responsible for FAB activities ensuring a documents, materials, resource plan is clearly defined
- Investigate technologies on the market and identify assembly processes and equipment to meet product requirements and increase our production capabilities
- Work with Design and Supply Chain teams to determine process requirements and to provide DFM feedback
- Generate 2D conceptual layouts for new processes and production lines
- Create PFMEAs and DES models to mitigate risks to production
- Additional responsibilities can be assigned as per business needs
- Manage external vendors from prototyping to final buy off.
- Validate equipment for production implementation
- Design of manufacturing equipment - Jigs/Fixtures, Conveyors, list assist, trolleys, carts
- A “Can-do” attitude with ability to flex being hands on and strategic as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in mechatronics, mechanical, industrial engineering, and Manufacturing
- 2-3 years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment with a focus on new product launch, process development and continuous improvement
- Strong communication and leadership skills to drive interactions with both external vendors and internal stakeholders
- 3D CAD software (Solidworks/Catia/3DExperience or Inventor) experience
- 2D CAD software (AutoCAD) experience
- Experience with 3 and 5 axis CNCs
- Machine vision experience is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
$110,000 - $125,000 yearly
Veev is a residential home-building technology company with a unique and singular view that the place we spend the most time and the most money should be treated like a product – one designed, built, and experienced from the user’s perspective. With 600MM in funding, several hundred employees, and growing, Veev uses a panelized approach; building more sustainable homes for developers at a lower cost, and at a significantly faster pace and higher quality than traditional construction. Furthermore, Veev is working to set a new industry standard with the goal of a zero-waste and low-carbon build process.
More about Veev: