Tibbott & Richardson
Our Pittsburgh, PA Family Law and Criminal Defense Firm is seeking a Managing Attorney who is passionate about helping people find freedom and peace with strength and dignity. We are not your typical law firm. We are an enterprising managed Firm that’s growing fast and we need a Managing Attorney that can hit the ground running. This is the perfect position for an Attorney who wants to be a “working supervisor” with responsibility for managing a reduced personal caseload while also taking ownership for managing the pipeline of cases and supervision and development of Associates working in the Firm. To be considered, you must have strong research and writing skills, and extensive trial experience, along with strong leadership skills and a dedication to improving the client experience.
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train, and mentor Junior Associates and Contract Attorneys, including assigning work and monitoring work products.
- Have case conferences with Associates to ensure every case has a strategy and action plan, answer questions, and mentor.
- A “Fixer” who handles client complaints and works with the Customer Service Team and assigned attorney to ensure resolution.
- In conjunction and consultation with the Owners and Firm Administrator, conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for recruitment, hiring, promotion, and termination.
- Monitor the case pipeline and act as necessary to move cases progressively forward and through the pipeline in accordance with defined milestones.
- Being accountable for the goals of the Legal Team by monitoring performance metrics.
- Ensuring efficient and effective daily operations of the Firm’s Legal Team. Recommend, design, deploy, and execute policies, procedures, processes, checklists, templates, forms, etc. to create systems that run the Firm more efficiently and profitably.
- Significant experience overseeing Family Law cases from start to finish. Preference is given to those with Criminal Law experience as well.
- Ability to lead a high-performing legal team in and positive and inspiring manner.
- Extensive first-chair experience representing clients in trial.
- High-level legal research and writing skills are essential.
- The position requires intimate familiarity with responsible billing practices.
- Personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are extremely important considerations. However, the right fit, willingness to learn, and team-oriented attitude are equally important qualities.
- High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or self-important individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply.
- If you've only tried a handful of cases, please don't apply for this position. Real-world trial experience is a mandatory requirement for all candidates. This is not an on-the-job training position.
- We are growing fast, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents or build your own trial binders is “beneath you."
- You must have buy-in to the Firm’s Core Values of Integrity, Effectiveness, Kindness, Communication, and Money (responsible and efficient billing practices).
This position offers a respectful team culture, opportunities for professional development and advancement, a competitive salary, opportunities for performance-based increases, plus benefits.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
If you cannot follow these basic directions, or if you contact us in a manner that leads us to believe you did not actually read the ad above, you will not hear back from us. We expect you to value our time by following directions and paying attention to detail.
To apply, please include a three-paragraph cover letter along with your resume to provide the following information:
- Paragraph 1: Tell us what excites you the most about this position
- Paragraph 2: Tell us why you are the person we should hire
- Paragraph 3: Tell your pay expectation and when you would be able to start
$100,000 - $150,000
About Tibbott & Richardson
We help professionals facing family law and criminal law issues find freedom and peace with strength and dignity. Are you the right person to join our team of caring professionals dedicated to carrying out the mission? We value collaboration, teamwork and the ambition to give more than we get with every interaction.