Ability to Adapt – Creative Problem-Solver –Training – Scheduling – Consistency – Quality – Amazing Customer Relationships – Process Improvement - Incredible Follow Through – Creative Problem-Solver in the Day to Day –
Mentoring – Hiring – Team Collaboration – Open Dialogue – Build & Support Positive Workplace Culture
Are these your strengths?
Elwyn’s Ability One program is looking to bring onboard their next Director of Contract Operations. This is a great role for someone who thrives on supervising the day-to-day operations and has been there and done that in multiple locations. Elwyn hires, trains, coaches and employs individuals with disabilities to fulfill contact service obligations at multiple client sites.
*This may be a remote/hybrid role, as you will travel and be on-site at multiple locations each week.
Here is a summary of what you will see and do in this role:
- Provide administrative oversight for all Ability One contract programs by supporting the job coaches and ensuring smooth day-to-day program operations at all locations and ensuring the achievement of site-specific objectives and service area objectives are being met
- Hire and train job coaches who each coach a small team of disabled workers at various contract sites as they perform requirements as a team
- Ensure proper scheduling and planning for each location; troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day issues as they arise intervening and supporting job coaches as needed
- Plan, schedule staff, review performance with site managers and organize weekly staff assignments for all contract locations
- Handle schedule changes to ensure proper coverage and fulfillment of contract requirements
- Maximize staff utilization, disseminate workload to support staff, and oversee clerical staff
- Supervise staff to ensure workflow management and the timely delivery of information, files, and records in the absence of the Executive Director
- Serve as liaison and primary point of contact for all contract sites served
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with contract site supervisors and clients
- Create and foster a positive workplace culture of support, encouragement, and growth by supporting the Elwyn mission, having open and transparent communication and dialogue, recognizing employee accomplishments
- Assess training needs and coordinate training as needed for job coaches and employees
- Make recommendations and contribute ideas to general program development/expansion and program evaluation based upon current regulatory expectations
- Support process and procedure changes; initiate change as necessary to improve daily operations
- Collaborate with multiple program stakeholders to implement, assess and enhance program-wide improvement of the Ability One contracts
- Be on-site regularly at all locations to be accessible and available
- Perform regular and periodic site reviews of programs and advise Executive Director and/or VP of Day Programs of recommended changes, as well as provide regular status updates
- Conduct quality assurance inspections utilizing established checklists and follow required reporting parameters
- Monitor financial and budget requirements to ensure operations stay within contract parameters.
What do you need to be positioned for success in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, Public Health, Rehabilitation, Social Work, or other human service field; Master’s degree preferred
- Five (5) years of supervisory, program operations and/or management experience with experience managing multiple schedules and schedule changes
- Two (2) years of experience working with people with disabilities
- Leadership experience within medium-sized organization in process improvement or operational improvements preferred
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient skills in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite, including at least an intermediate skill level of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needs or problem areas and implement effective action
- Demonstrated creativity in developing solutions to program problems
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in workload, especially during crisis situations
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
$50,000 - $75,000 DOE
Elwyn, Fountain Valley, provides day programs, hosts a work center for individuals with disabilities, and provides services to area organizations by employing individuals with disabilities who team with job coaches.
Elwyn California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.