Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Are you a hardworking, reliable maintenance technician? We’re looking for you! Our company is growing and we need a maintenance professional who has the know-how to keep our facilities and equipment in top shape. You’ll conduct regular inspections and routine maintenance and come up with ideas for preventative measures we can use to maximize the life of our equipment and minimize safety risks. If you have a passion for fixing things we want you to bring your experience to our team. Apply today!
- Check the building for any damage to doors, windows, and walls, and make any repairs as needed
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and systems such as plumbing fixtures, HVAC units, and electrical wiring to ensure optimal performance and make any handle any repairs
- Manage other maintenance requests as required
- Plan and implement preventative maintenance procedures to maximize equipment operations and minimize safety risks
- Make records of when any equipment was services and repairs were made
- Maintains scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment
- Performs general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, and equipment repair
- Responds to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating, and replacing light bulbs
- Repairs and maintains vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets.
- Ensures that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained
- Maintains positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community
- Repairs walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determines the best course of action to correct the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state codes
- Documents safety issues as well as physical plan deficiencies related to local, county, state, and federal guidelines. Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals and takes necessary precautions
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in accordance with company policy
- Responds appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above-referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
- Excellent work ethic, communication skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Needs to have availability to respond on nights and weekends to on-call maintenance requests
- At least 2 years of maintenance experience
- Must have graduated from high school/received GED or equivalent
- Strong understanding of maintenance equipment, techniques and procedures
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of building equipment, building codes, and building systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical) in health care facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and associates at all levels of the organization
- Drug Screen and Background Screening are required
$12 - $16 hourly
About Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Brookdale’s culture embraces diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Our vision is to be the nation’s first choice in senior living.
Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle is an Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care community in Ocala, FL. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service to our senior and their families.