Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing is one of the largest independent cranberry growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking.
We are seeking full-time maintenance technicians in both our Juice and Sweet and Dried Cranberry Production Plants located in Pittsville, WI.
This position will provide support to operations in order to meet production quality and quantity standards.
The Maintenance Technician will complete hands-on preventative maintenance, diagnose and repair production systems daily and provide support as needed to help identify and prevent mechanical malfunctions.
- Hours: We are looking for candidates willing to work a 12 hour 2-2-3 on our night shift (6 pm to 6 am) with every other weekend off.
- Compensation: Based on experience.
- Additional Compensation: $1000 Sign-on bonus after 6 months of employment, Referral, and Quarterly Bonuses
Benefits: Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc. offers a full benefits package including an incentive plan that pays quarterly, Vacation, Health, HRA, HSA Account, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident, Matching 401K, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company paid Life and AD&D insurance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose AC/DC circuits with voltages up to 480 volts.
- Ability to diagnose PLC controlled circuitry.
- Troubleshoot a variety of process control instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot VFD electrical circuits.
- Have working knowledge of Allen Bradley components.
- Install equipment and machinery according to prints or drawings using standard methods of leveling and precision alignment of machine components such as shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys, rolls, and couplings.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, including lubrication of equipment and machinery, following standard procedures as indicated on PM program or in equipment manuals.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair steam line components.
- Move material, equipment, and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding, and operating a forklift.
- Set up and operate shop equipment such as hand tools, electric and air-powered portable tools, carpentry tools, and machine tools.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Rebuild pumps and other machinery.
- Complete shop records and use reporting system following established procedures as required for the effective performance of the job or operation of the department.
- Assist in the evaluation of processes, discuss improvements, and help implement proactive maintenance solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
- Must have two (2) or more years of hands-on experience in plant maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of control loop instrumentation and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics and use of instrumentation tools required.
- Knowledge of burner design, management, and control preferred.
- Knowledge of ammonia as a refrigerant preferred.
- Knowledge of mix proof valves, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) motor controller, high-pressure centrifugal pumps, and electromechanically operated valves preferred.
- Operational background in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical circuitry, and equipment repair.
- Knowledge/background in TIG welding, background in boiler operations preferred.
- Experience reading blueprints/manuals/service bulletins required.
- General hazardous chemical awareness, use of PPE, and spill control procedures required.
- Food manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
- Maintains safety standards
$18 - $24 hourly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
We are one of the largest independent growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service to our customers.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GardnerCranberry/about