Install, repair, and maintain plant and process equipment for the site, including but not limited to: production, facilities, and material handling equipment.
Perform preventative and predictive maintenance tasks as identified in site procedures.
Coordinates with and assists other site and contract personnel to ensure required tasks are completed to meet site and individual goals.
- Following all site safety rules and safe operating practices.
- Adhering to all work instructions and inventory control responsibilities as needed.
- Meeting all site attendance expectations.
- Being an active and engaged participant in the site CI efforts, including employee suggestion implementation and active participation in PIE events.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping at all times.
- Be an effective team member and help others throughout the assigned area of responsibility.
- Perform a variety of functions daily as required to assist throughput.
- Job functions may include jobs associated with minor maintenance.
- Review and adhere to safety policies and procedures including proper lifting, driving, handling, and storage procedures.
- Must be able to work required overtime as scheduled.
- Job functions may require candidate to train new employees.
- Be able to work nights and weekends.
Essential duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Install and qualify production equipment.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance tasks as scheduled.
- Maintain equipment records, logs, and computer management systems, using data to improve support programs in order to meet site and individual goals. Perform routine and complex equipment repairs for site equipment.
- Communicate with supervisory personnel needs of complex repair issues.
- Communicate with outside contractors and technical resources to develop and maintain process equipment at levels to exceed site goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex machining, assembly, and fabrication equipment.
$44,000 - $53,000 yearly
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With years of experience engineering innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, our team is equipped to deliver.