Arcadia Senior Living
What does the Maintenance Director do?
Want your facilities and maintenance/construction experience to matter? To really and truly impact people? This is it. In the Maintenance Director role, you will be providing maintenance services to the building, apartments, equipment, and grounds of our assisted living community. In short, you oversee the care center/community to ensure it is safe for all.
Why join the Arcadia Care Family in the Maintenance Director role and what can we offer you?
- The ability to work in a welcoming, home-like setting with like-minded person centered care providers.
- The ability to serve on the leadership team at the community.
- Your work hard work and expertise matters here you are ensuring the community is safe for all residents and their family members, where we provide comfort, security, and a thriving lifestyle. You would be a part of that, and ensure that happens.
- Our family-owned and operated organization means we arent too small, but not too big. You are known here.
In this job, every day you will..
- Provide assistance in delivering preventive maintenance for the building, equipment, and grounds.
- Perform repairs under the supervision of the Executive Director and within area of expertise including, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting and in accordance to accepted codes.
- Arrange for and manage contract repairs, maintenance, and other construction services to care center/community.
- Monitors and record building and water temperatures and adjusts to meet regulations and safety codes.
- Ensure strict adherence to community fire safety and hazardous chemical procedures, promptly address all unsafe conditions or equipment problems
- Perform floor care on an ongoing basis, including carpeting in resident apartments and common areas of the community.
- Oversees and guides the work of the Maintenance Assistant, if applicable.
- Remove trash gathered by housekeepers and caregivers on a daily basis.
- Maintain grounds in a professional, well-groomed manner by performing grounds maintenance on a regular basis while working with a landscape company to maintain grounds in an appropriate manner.
- Record when any equipment was serviced and repairs were made
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment and systems such as HVAC units, plumbing fixtures, and electrical wiring to make sure they’re operating efficiently and make any needed repairs
- Handle additional maintenance tasks as needed
- Establish and implement preventative maintenance protocols to keep equipment operations smoothly and eliminate safety risks
- Inspect the building for any structural damage to windows, doors, and walls and perform necessary repairs
- Needs to have availability to respond on nights and weekends to on-call maintenance requests
- Superb attention to detail, work ethic, and communication skills
- At least 2 years of maintenance experience
- Must have graduated from high school/received GED or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced understanding of maintenance equipment, techniques and procedures
$17 - $23 hourly
About Arcadia Senior Living
Arcadia Senior Living enhances the lives of its residents by relieving them of the stress of everyday tasks allowing them to focus on what's important to them as individuals. Our residents regularly volunteer their time for local agencies to give back to their neighbors.