Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc is a state of the art company with a fully automated production line. Our juice plant consists of Evaporators, Reverse Osmosis Systems, and Koch Filtration which have all been designed for maximum efficiency. We also have a highly automated Sweet and Dried Cranberry Plant that includes High-Speed Optical Sorting, Automated Product Transfers, and Automated Dryers. If this type of environment intrigues you, please apply to join our team!
This position will provide support to operations in order to meet production standards and goals The Maintenance Technician will complete hands-on preventative maintenance, diagnose and repair production systems daily and provide support as needed to help identify and prevent mechanical malfunctions.
We are looking for employees willing to work a 2-2-3 schedule that involves 12-hour shifts from 6 am to 6 pm and every other weekend.
Additional Compensation: $1000 Sign-on/Referral and Quarterly Bonuses are all available.
Benefits: Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc. offers a full benefits package including an incentive plan that pays quarterly, Health, HRA, HSA Account, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident, Matching 401k, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company paid Life and AD&D insurance.
- Work with minimal supervision install equipment and machinery according to prints or drawings using standard methods of leveling and precision alignment of machine components such as shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys, rolls, and couplings.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, including lubrication of equipment and machinery, following standard procedures as indicated on PM program or in equipment manuals.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and make standard adjustments to mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- With minimal supervision installation of mechanical, steam, and hydraulic piping to plant or production equipment.
- Perform light metal fabrication, painting, and other miscellaneous or general maintenance work as may be required.
- Set up and operate shop equipment such as hand tools, electric and air-powered portable tools, carpentry tools, and machine tools.
- Rebuild pumps and other machinery.
- Complete shop records and use reporting system following established procedures as required for effective performance of the job or operation of the department.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and preventing equipment failures and problems.
- With minimal supervision repair, replace, improve, and provide preventative maintenance of pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment at all facilities.
- Assist in the evaluation of processes, discuss improvements, and help implement changes to increase production efficiency through customized solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
- Must have three (3) or more years of hands on experience in plant maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting major and minor flows, control looping and instrumentation, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics and use of instrumentation tools required.
- Knowledge of burner design, management, and control preferred.
- Knowledge of ammonia as a refrigerant preferred.
- Knowledge of mix-proof valves, Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) motor controller, high-pressure centrifugal pumps, and electromechanically operated valves preferred.
- Operational background in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical circuitry, and equipment repair.
- Experience reading blueprints/manuals/service bulletins required.
- General hazardous chemical awareness, use of PPE, and spill control procedures preferred.
- Food manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
- Ability to operate forklifts.
- Ability to work from elevated platforms or scissors lift.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
$18.00 - $25.00 hourly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
We are one of the largest independent growers in the country with our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, our distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service to our customers.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GardnerCranberry/about