Do you want to grow your career while working in a professional, fast-paced, and friendly environment? OCF Realty is one of Philadelphia’s top Property Management companies and we are adding an experienced Maintenance Technician to our team. We manage over 1,400 units across central Philadelphia. This position is responsible for performing various maintenance functions that are necessary in order to preserve and improve the value of properties. Our Maintenance Technicians will assist in maintaining and improving operating conditions, quality, and integrity of all building systems and building appearances. Responsibilities also include general upkeep and cleaning of the grounds and common areas in addition to completing work orders and turnovers per company standards. If you have a great attitude, strong work ethic, genuine interest in real estate and property maintenance you may be an excellent fit.
Note: This job is full-time and requires some weekend availability. Candidates will be required to work either a Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule.
You will thrive in this position if you:
- Are cooperative and flexible. You enjoy finding new ways of working together and can evaluate different opinions. You don’t stick solely to your own point of view, especially when the team needs to get the job done
- Are driven by deadlines. You take responsibility for your own deadlines and understand how your role supports the team’s monthly and quarterly goals
- Are flexible with your work schedule. This job sometimes requires weekend work with alternate days off and to be on call after hours one week each month
- Are a team player. You find motivation in working as a team and achieving your common goals and are willing to have an “all hands on deck” attitude when your team needs help
- Respond to Emergency Work Orders including clearing clogged toilets, sinks drains, water leaks, loss of power, unsafe facility conditions, etc
- Perform maintenance related to HVAC troubleshooting, light appliance repair, basic carpentry, light electrical and plumbing, drain cleaning/troubleshooting, tub refinishing, drywall repair and paint, repair/replace locks, smoke detectors, and light fixtures, perform minor roof repairs, replace broken windows
- Assist property/business manager as needed in emergency situations
- Light snow removal including clearing walkways and laying down rock salt to prevent slipping
- Ensure properties are always free and clear of hazards
- Cleans vacant apartment units as well as common areas and building exterior to ensure that the building’s appearance is in line with company standards
- Maintenance Coverage after-hours: handle emergency service requests outside of normal business hours (flood/power loss/etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in working within a building maintenance environment including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting skills
- Ability to read prints, sketches, wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams, schematic drawings
- Experience in the use of all industrial hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and be a proactive problem solver
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to professionally communicate with residents and manage difficult situations if they arise
$40,000 - $45,000
About OCF Realty
OCF Realty is a Philadelphia neighborhood-focused real estate brokerage that provides comprehensive services in property management, home buying and selling, and real estate development. Our team consists of expert leasing and real estate agents who specialize in neighborhoods. We also operate five OCF Coffee House locations in Philadelphia. What do realty and coffee have to do with one another, you ask? The way we do both -- and the way we feel that they're done best -- is that each fosters community growth and strength in all things local. We believe that most people want to live in a neighborhood with mutually beneficial ties among the people and businesses, and we exist to forge that relationship.