Starfire Holding Corp
Maintenance Technician position at an apartment complex in Hammond, near Southeastern Louisiana University. The community is comprised of about 100 apartment homes.
Salary: Negotiable with experience
- Ensure all maintenance requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work area
- Assist with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies
- Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors, and supervisors
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Work with fellow associates to always ensure excellent curb appeal
- Assist with turnkey operations
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor
Each job duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills, and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- Ability to read and write English for safety and productivity reasons
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions
- One to two years of experience in community management maintenance, other building maintenance, or related trade. Renovation experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 52 weeks of the year. Our community staffing limitations make it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
- On-call, after-hour emergency service may be required.
- Hands-on repair and maintenance work constitutes the majority of time and duties
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds at variable distances; mobility and flexibility to use ladders to heights in excess of 8 to 9 feet; ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance are required
- Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment; all equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of yourself, fellow associates, or residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as work boots
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Decent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and efficient
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently on occasion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to meet deadlines which may include late hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Special skills include but are not limited to the ability to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Basic to intermediate plumbing, sheetrock, and general carpentry
- Basic to intermediate electrical when no license is required
- Pool care and pest control
- Roofs and gutters
- Irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
About Starfire Holding Corp
Starfire Holding Corp is a Real Estate Investment and Management Company. Our current portfolio consists of over 700 apartment units.